07-13 Suburban Lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ky2015denali

Reaction score
No apology is necessary. I just thought you might have a better chance of solving the problem if people with the same model year(s) saw your post.
I was ABSOLUTELY NOT being critical!

OP
OP
Joew311

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No apology is necessary. I just thought you might have a better chance of solving the problem if people with the same model year(s) saw your post.

I was ABSOLUTELY NOT being critical!

No worries, thanks for catching it! To be honest, I saw exterior and clicked on it not paying attention to which section I was under. Later I found at least 2-3 better places I could've posted.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a more recent shot of mine - I got a touch of settling and I like where it sits currently. 1/2" higher in rear than front on ground to fender lip measurement.

lowering and closing the fender gap immediately makes even a 22" wheel appear small. I see a 24" wheel in my future. Maybe next spring I'll splurge.

15109788122_a047265435_b.jpg

OP
OP
Joew311

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
emay, I think that looks amazing! Very classy/sporty stance. Thanks for sharing. What drop is that, 2/3?

I did notice that the tires on my 20's had a larger sidewall than what I see on you guys' 22's and I wondered if that would help filling out the fender opening and hopefully make them not appear so small...I drive mine daily and the difference in cost per tire from 20 to 22 is pretty significant at this time.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a more recent shot of mine - I got a touch of settling and I like where it sits currently. 1/2" higher in rear than front on ground to fender lip measurement.

lowering and closing the fender gap immediately makes even a 22" wheel appear small. I see a 24" wheel in my future. Maybe next spring I'll splurge.

15109788122_a047265435_b.jpg

You can donate those wheels to me :)

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
But what do I slop around on for winter wheels then? Anyone else find it weird that a set of 22" platty's would be discussed as winter wheels? WTF

Nope! I use my mint CK375 to slop around for winter.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol!! I can think of a million other more winter worthy rims :D

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
emay, I think that looks amazing! Very classy/sporty stance. Thanks for sharing. What drop is that, 2/3?

I did notice that the tires on my 20's had a larger sidewall than what I see on you guys' 22's and I wondered if that would help filling out the fender opening and hopefully make them not appear so small...I drive mine daily and the difference in cost per tire from 20 to 22 is pretty significant at this time.

This is a 2/3 kit but I played with the ride height sensors to net nearly a 2/4. Just shy of the 4 by about a 1/4".

It's an eye trick. Because the tire has larger sidewall appearance is theres more black between fender and rim - thus looks smaller. If you do an all black truck it hides it a bit due to body color, but if the fender wells get dirty, it sticks out again. M

My suggestion is to just lower it, and see how you feel. If there's additional expenses for wheels after, then decide on it then.

OP
OP
Joew311

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a 2/3 kit but I played with the ride height sensors to net nearly a 2/4. Just shy of the 4 by about a 1/4".

It's an eye trick. Because the tire has larger sidewall appearance is theres more black between fender and rim - thus looks smaller. If you do an all black truck it hides it a bit due to body color, but if the fender wells get dirty, it sticks out again. M

My suggestion is to just lower it, and see how you feel. If there's additional expenses for wheels after, then decide on it then.

Thanks for the input! That's the direction I am leaning right now.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Did you use spindles to get the 2" in the front or the strut rings that goodinblack used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo