05 Z71 totaled due to engine coolant leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate, i’ll follow up w more detail as i get it. Thanks
Looking forward to what you find out. Like I mentioned earlier, I spoke too soon. Most of those who come on and post once and we don’t hear back from them for a week never come back to read all the helpful advice that’s been offered. Glad to see you’re the exception! Thanks for the follow up. :happy107:

OP
OP
M

mauger84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update: still haven’t been to the mechanic yet as i’ve been outta town but after my wife drove it around town a bit, coolant leaked out and the overheat warning escalates to the reduce power warning. So i’m planning to bring it in tmrw or friday.

I was hoping everything had settled in after that oil change but doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ll post when i have more answers

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just for future reference, most leak additives are a band aid and not to be relied on. Mainly for emergencies. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

mauger84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Selling the rig, huh? How much and need pics and where is it? Thing is, cannot list for sale here till you have enough posts. Plus, why sell it?
Not sure i’m selling yet but it’s looking more like that as I’m about over the upkeep and think i want to switch to a truck eventually. I was expecting to hang on to this for ten years tho so i am bummed at the same time. Located in Orlando, FL. Price would depend partially on what the mechanic says. I will upload pics if i decide to sell.

How many posts do u need to sell here?

OP
OP
M

mauger84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
100 posts to be able to post something for sale: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/forum-rules-for-selling.50009/

Your initial post mentioned substantial rust issues -- like what, and do you know where it's lived its life? Pray tell.
Prior to me it was single owner, 80 yr old from michigan i believe. Traveled from there and back to new Smyrna beach until retiring at the beach. So it has both kinds of rust, beach and salt from snowy roads. My good mechanic looked it over and said the rust won’t cause any frame issues if it lives where i do here in central florida.

OP
OP
M

mauger84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. Here is a picture of where the coolant leaks out. This while pouring water in on a cold engine.2C1CB2FB-5566-41C3-8F0B-AA32B6C2E3A6.jpeg