05 Yukon Denail Got Broken Into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdl04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I parked at the airport for less than 48hrs and I came back to my Yukon with evidence that someone broke in. They hammered in the exterior door look and tore apart steering column. They broke the ignition as well where the black cover is gone and the innards are all bent up. See pics. This exact same thing happened to my 05 Silverado.

Has anyone fixed this before or upgraded the external lock somehow to prevent this? I didn't fix the truck because it's on its last leg but my Yukon is I much better shape.20240417_111011.jpg20240417_111005.jpg20240417_110959.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
animals man. any chance you can still put the key in and turn it to run at least? if so you could change the ignition lock out pretty easy. if not might be best to find a whole used column.

on the good side. at least they didnt get it running or rip the shifter out of park on ya.

OP
OP
B

bdl04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
animals man. any chance you can still put the key in and turn it to run at least? if so you could change the ignition lock out pretty easy. if not might be best to find a whole used column.

on the good side. at least they didnt get it running or rip the shifter out of park on ya.
Yea it still runs at least. Thank god.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That absolutely sucks.

I had my 99 Silverado broken into at a local park a while ago 2009 or so ), but they only damaged the door key lock. Nothing on the steering column, but did have some stuff stolen from the truck. I can't recall if I had a new cylinder lock installed on the door or what?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t even understand why people even bother without the proper equipment. At this point, they just vandalized you stuff. It’s my understanding that you haven’t been able to steal a car with a screwdriver (besides Hyundai) since the 90s.

OP
OP
B

bdl04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t even understand why people even bother without the proper equipment. At this point, they just vandalized you stuff. It’s my understanding that you haven’t been able to steal a car with a screwdriver (besides Hyundai) since the 90s.
Yea real bummed about it. And of course it's happened to both my cars. Like carbon copy incident on both of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbo6111

Latest posts