05 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryals316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so my 05 I just got is a LT the only problem I have with it is the passenger side speakers are louder then the drive. I’ve don’t swapped them around to see if it might of been the speakers but it still did the same thing even after swapping them around at this point I don’t know what to do I’ve done tried to balance them out but the passenger side is just so much louder it won’t balance I’m just trying to get these to work long enough for me to save up for a whole system and dose the LT have the factor amp is dose not have the Bose system and has anyone else every ran into this

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If I understand you correctly, is the louder sound constant or gets louder when you drive? Post a pic of the dash radio set up. This is what I have in my rig:

imagejpeg_0(93).jpg

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing you might try is switch the left side with the right. This will require access to the back of the radio but if you're able it will tell you if it is indeed the fault of the stereo system. Process of elimination.

OP
OP
R

Ryals316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A67F770B-9A11-4AB3-95D6-D9F0ABAA5EE9.jpeg
Sorry it takes me a lil to reply I’m working 12 hour shifts right now but I’ve done swap the speakers and the passengers still louder so I don’t thing it’s the speakers I’ve tried to balance them out but no matter what I do the passenger side is still a lot louder then the driver even in the rear it’s like the drive side speakers are not getting full power or something. Ima redo the whole system in a few months but would like to figure this out for now to make sure it’s not going to do it once I put the new speakers in.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Take all the time you need to respond. We all understand that people have lives and we get a pop up notice, even if it is a month later. IMO, the balance is bad in that radio. Especially after you did the speaker swap. If it was just a door speaker, I would guess that it is the wiring in the convoluted tubing at the door jam but you said the whole side, so I am gonna guess that it is the radio. It looks like a mod/admin has already moved this thread to the correct forum for the rig. More chances of members chiming in to help.

OP
OP
R

Ryals316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
10-4 thank y’all yeah the radio was going to be the first thing to get changed but with mine not being the Bose I don’t have the amp or does the non Bose have the amp too also the truck sat up for about 3 years before I got it so I kinda been figured it might of been the radio to have messed up

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean swap the speakers, I meant switch the wiring to the speakers behind the radio....

OP
OP
R

Ryals316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven’t made it that far into the process it will probably be Friday before I can check that

OP
OP
R

Ryals316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
18CBD568-F038-4228-917B-34B473BFF7B5.pngC4C04901-72A3-4B38-8F5E-3683731EB5D1.png
Also this is the radio I’m planning on installing in the tahoe to get away from the stock head unit so maybe this will fix my issue also does the non Bose have a factory amp or is it just a plain radio set up from factory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts