'05 Tahoe Interior Restoration Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
'05 Tahoe Interior Restoration Job - lots of pics

So here is my picture thread for the restoration job I've been doing on my 05 Tahoe LS. I bought this vehicle with 56K miles on it from a local dealer when the cash for clunkers thing was going on. Wish I had bought two. The previous owner was a total freakin' slob and the interior of this vehicle showed it. It looked like a couple of coke'd up monkeys with a 2 liter of Pepsi, a couple of magic markers, and some cigarettes had been locked in the vehicle for 72 hours. It was a mess and it was FILTHY. And I don't mean just good old fashion work dirt. There was a used ****** in the seat back. The interior smelled like a combination of stale smoke and stale ass. There were also numerous broken and missing parts. So I gutted the whole thing and did some upgrades in the process. The job was done in two phases over the space of 4 very long days. I got almost everything on ebay. A few things were dealer-only, and few things were gmpartsdirect.com. The vehicle now looks, and more importantly smells, new. The Katzkin covers make it look better than new in my opinion and the DVD system is vastly superior to any of the factory systems. I'll post another thread later this weekend on what I did to the exterior in the Exterior forum (here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15408).

Here's what was done:

- Recovered headliner (factory color and material)
- New carpet
- New Katzkin seat covers
- Escalade Platinum gauge cluster with trans temp and white pointers
- OEM TNR800 navigation
- KEC LSM104 10.4" monitor with Salient SD217C-07 trim ring
- Valor DV-170 DVD player
- Used center console
- Steam cleaned the visors
- New climate controls
- New steering wheel
- New floor mats
- Replaced many missing/broken/damaged parts

In addition, we scrubbed all interior plastic with 15 gallons of Simple Green and water. The water came out dark charcoal gray, that's how dirty the parts were. All the photos below are in my TYF album and there are some additional photos there as well. The photos are tagged with comments for further explanation.

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.php

picture.jpg

-B

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great work man, looks brand new!

B

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It amazes me how nasty some people are. Very nice job, looks like it came that way.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sitting at jfk airport with the entire terminal staring at me because I was laughing so hard after reading that description of the condition of the interior. the interior does look amazing now. good work

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive!! Looks like it just came off the lot. I like that cubby hole in the back of the console. Did that come with the console? I went with a Pioneer deck in mine rendering the radio back there useless and one of these cubby things could come in handy. Anyway you could get me a part # for it?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really good man. I need to do this to mine. Same interior tan, and just like you got it cheap and previous owner must of had a couple kids and didnt care. Still finding cheetos and gum. I really like your seats. pm'ing you about them. Mine are hopeless to get clean.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how many of these int like mine did lol

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269