05 Tahoe Fuel Filling Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyGirl88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
A few days ago with no warning my Tahoe barfed 3/4 of a gallon of gas seconds after I started pumping gas.
After reading similar stories, my hubby replaced the evap vent valve. Once the old part was out, hubby blew air thru it and it wasn’t stuck closed. He put the new part on anyways and we went to the gas station to see if the problem had been resolved.
It had not. We could still hear the gas filling up the tube. Lessons learned from before we stoped pumping gas for a second on let it drain down into the tank before it ended up all over the ground.
Now we are thinking about replacing the charcoal canister but would love to hear from others who might have run into the same thing and or might have some information on the situation.
Also important, the truck runs great otherwise and no codes thrown so far.

Thanks!!

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through this at the end of last year. For the work involved, which is minimal, I went ahead and replaced the canister, the vent valve (next to the canister) and purge valve (on intake). I blew all the lines out where I could and ended up replacing the rest of the lines when I dropped the tank to replace the fuel pump. This EVAP system design is a joke and should have never been implemented.

Just as an aside, I got all GM parts from rockauto but somehow my canister blew out in less than 3 months so I had to order another new one. All good with that for now, though I do encounter the random gas station pump that loves to shut off after a few seconds but I don't have any codes or charcoal in the lines so I assume it's just a crap pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz