05 TAHOE A/C Recharge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
I want to replace all those components to do a full robust A/C system recharge.

Its an 05 TAHOE w/ rear A/C.
It was working fine, air just got hot now. No leaks im sure of but will check. Compressor is engaging

So far:
-Bleed Old Freon
-New Freon & Lubricant
-Use of Vac Pump
-Front Orifice Tube
-Rear A/C Expansion Valve

Wat else?? Thanks

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the blend door actuator may have taken a dump on ya if the compressor is still turning on and off and you dont see a nasty wet oil mess at a joint along the system.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blend door only affects the front temperature. If both front and rear are not cooling, then you are going the right direction. Did you do a leak test with a leak detector or add dye when you charged the system? Possible leak locations are the front seal of the compressor caused by either an overheating clutch or a bad bearing, tubing to hose connections, condenser coil, either of the two evaporator coils, or an o-ring that has shrunk from old age at the tubing connections to the compressor or other components.

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace all those components to do a full robust A/C system recharge.

Its an 05 TAHOE w/ rear A/C.
It was working fine, air just got hot now. No leaks im sure of but will check. Compressor is engaging

So far:
-Bleed Old Freon
-New Freon & Lubricant
-Use of Vac Pump
-Front Orifice Tube
-Rear A/C Expansion Valve

Wat else?? Thanks

So your A/C is working fine and no leaks... so... I don't get it. Those are not maintenance items.
:?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo