05 suburban traction active every time I stop no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lazy wheel speed sensor on the front, probably due to a loose hub bearing that is close to needing replacement.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Lazy wheel speed sensor on the front, probably due to a loose hub bearing that is close to needing replacement.
The truck has 211k. So I was planning on replacing both front hubs anyway. Just didn't know if that's the route to go or something else to be replaced while I'm working on it

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At this point it's a lot of guessing. As @Doubeleive suggested, get a scanner on it and watch the speed sensors, and you'll at least have a better idea if that's it.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% bad wheel speed sensor. Change the front hub bearings and you will be good.

You can TRY to pull the sensor from the bearings and clean them, but I have never had good luck with that, and usually the allen bolt snaps anyway.

Rock auto has them cheap.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
100% bad wheel speed sensor. Change the front hub bearings and you will be good.

You can TRY to pull the sensor from the bearings and clean them, but I have never had good luck with that, and usually the allen bolt snaps anyway.

Rock auto has them cheap.
My hubs are starting the very faint whine so I figured I'd just replace them.
But I was asking in case something else in the same area.
Thank you

KCB2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually a common problem @Doubelieve nailed it . I replace both hub assemblies at the same time because i can :) .

Reaction score
I have an 05 suburban that every time I stop the traction acitvates when taking off. No ABS light no codes. Just hear the traction activating the car feels like it doesn't want to take off then it goes just fine. Any help will be appreciated because I don't want to just throw parts at it. I hear it from the left front wheel
I had the same issue, unplug the ABS fuse and see if it goes away, ended up being a wheel speed sensor. Replaced bother wheel bearings and good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978