05-06 Cadillac Escalade Platinum seats retrofit to Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a Caddy Escalade Platinum recently showed up in a local Pick your Part. I've scavenged a few bits and pieces from it already, other sought after parts(door panels, cluster) were already gone by the time I got to it. The heated and cooled seats are still there along with the dash switch to control them.

Has anyone ever fully unraveled the details on retrofitting these Caddy seats into another GMT800 vehicle and have the cooling/heating function?

Instead of grabbing the complete seat, I was also thinking and pondering if it's possible to do open heart surgery on the seats themselves and just remove the cooling mechanisms which I believe is just fans, the different perforated foam, and seat cover. The covers on these seats are thrashed so I'd mostly be after the mechanics of what makes them cooling seats. I know I don't have the dash spot for the switch/controls, but I could give up some center console space to retro the switch in there.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a dovetail question about the Escalade Platinum concerning interior color. One of the passenger side dash vents that came home is missing one of the horizontal flaps. Is the interior & dash color unique only to the Escalade Platinum?

All the other dash vents in other rigs at the yard I looked at are more of a grey color. Is there any other GM truck/suv that had the same colored dash?

Lastly, I also picked up the steering wheel but left the air bag/horn button because the yard wanted ~$100 for it. Same question on color with that...is the wheel and horn button color unique or is there a more common airbag horn button of the same color? I tried my 04 Tahoe horn button and it is very, very close in color. Not sure I wanted the Caddy emblem staring back at me in a Tahoe.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took care of the ~$100 airbag problem. A little disassembly and ended up with the only part that was important to me for $11. The whole airbag assy comes apart very easily. I was working gingerly as I wasn't sure if it was going to go off or what.

Attachments

• eske6.JPG
    eske6.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
  • eske5.JPG
    eske5.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 6

Thekidandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The platinum uses a completely different wiring connector for the front seats, as well as having that extra wiring integrated into the body harness and through the center console. I think it would be possible, but not a small undertaking to get it working correctly

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Couldn't you just use a power and a ground along with a relay to get the seats to work? I'd think when you break it down to basics, that's all it would really need to work. It wouldn't work like the factory intended, but it would work.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you just use a power and a ground along with a relay to get the seats to work? I'd think when you break it down to basics, that's all it would really need to work. It wouldn't work like the factory intended, but it would work.
Yes possibly. Just fishing to see if anyone has unraveled the wiring yet. Looks like not.
The platinum uses a completely different wiring connector for the front seats, as well as having that extra wiring integrated into the body harness and through the center console. I think it would be possible, but not a small undertaking to get it working correctly
It sure does. I've been looking at the wiring and the seats to see if I could even just remove the cooling parts and retrofit them to my Tahoe seats.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes possibly. Just fishing to see if anyone has unraveled the wiring yet. Looks like not.

It sure does. I've been looking at the wiring and the seats to see if I could even just remove the cooling parts and retrofit them to my Tahoe seats.
That’s what I’m thinking to do, just take the heat/cooling module out of the seat and somehow power it up with wiring. But I’m also wanting it to be controlled with the factory switch so it functions like the caddy seats do out of the factory. Not sure if that’s attainable or not lol

Thekidandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I had that same idea, and ended up with 2 full platinum body harnesses and 2 full sets of platinum seats lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that same idea, and ended up with 2 full platinum body harnesses and 2 full sets of platinum seats lol
Can I have one of those harnesses?! Lol. Out of curiosity how har did it to pull those body harnesses?! Lol. I may have the opportunity in the next day or two to look at a platinum caddy. Lol

Thekidandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I have one of those harnesses?! Lol. Out of curiosity how har did it to pull those body harnesses?! Lol. I may have the opportunity in the next day or two to look at a platinum caddy. Lol
It is a matter of stripping the entire interior, all seats, console, dash, as well as part of the hvac box on the firewall, and then disconnecting the harness from the underhood fuse box and pulling it through. My plan is to make atleast one working set of seats. I was planning to possibly swap into my Denali, but have decided to return it to stock and sell it