04 Z71 LED Fog Light Assemblies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkosmo

Reaction score
Hey guys. So right now i am rocking my factory 04 Z71 fog light assemblies (the round ones) with an LED bulb. I want to switch to aftermarket LED fog light assemblies. Has anyone done this? Pictures? Recommendations?

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Tahoe.

I did this a few weeks ago (among other LED swaps) and unfortunately it was the most disappointing. However, that may be my fault.

IMG_0089_zps21341c02.jpg

IMG_0088_zpse498111b.jpg

My sig shows the unlit housing.

Housing: ebay Smoked Lens, Black Housing (lens is slightly smoked, bottom and top of housing are matte black, no reflector/film)

Bulb: SuperBrightLED 880-WHP9

With my setup, light output is negligible, especially with my HIDs turned on. The pics do not do it justice cosmetically, as they look amazing at the housing, but are certainly not reliable as true fogs. However, if I were to do it a 2nd time, I would first try getting a bright bulb (which exist, just cost a few bucks more). If it was still low in output, I would try a housing with bottom and top reflectors. I've never seen a housing that fit stock that was just a big LED, like offroad lights.

In the end, I say hell yes, go for the LED swap. Whether output is good or not aside, it looks awesome in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA