'03 Z/71 Alignment Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchframe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced my 2003 Z/71 Tahoe that I lost in the Hurricane Harvey Flood with another 2003 Z/71. I was able to move over the wheels/tires that I had on my previous Tahoe. When I did a Car-Fax before I bought this one there was an entry saying that it had been sideswiped sometime in its history. There is no visible evidence of the damage so I really don't know which side was hit. Whoever did the repair did a good job.

One thing I noticed is when I am driving on wet roads I have to slow down because the rear end tries to slide to the right, especially if there is standing water on the road. I had thought the locker was locking up and causing it to go sideways. My old Tahoe never did this, it was solid on wet roads. Since I moved the exact wheels and tires with good tread over I don't think the wide tires are a contributing factor.

Then I had the idea, maybe one of wheels is not exactly where it should be due to that sideswipe accident. I did a quick measurement from the back of the front tire to the front of the back tire on both sides. The passenger side front is about 1/4 inch back from the driver side wheel. I measured the tire in relation to the wheel well and the passenger side shows it is back 1/4 inch as well.

Sometime this week I plan to pull the wheels and get a proper measurement from center hub to center hub for more accuracy.

Question; If the front passenger side wheel is in fact 1/4 inch back, is there an alignment adjustment for that? The tires do not show unusual wear. If there is not an adjustment for that, what are my options? Replace the A Arms on that side?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094