03 Yukon XL grill on a 04 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NO4NSHIT

Reaction score
I have a 04 Tahoe and the headlights and grill are crap. Unfortunately I'm strapped on cash and can't afford new parts atm. But I do have a 03 Yukon XL that has headlights and grill that are in almost perfect condition. I read a few posts where people changed the Yukon grill and headlights to a Tahoe grill and headlights. But I tried to to the same but backwards. But I can't for the life of me get the headlights to fit or even line up to put the pins in. What all needs to be changed??

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The slots on bracket that the headlights mount to on the Tahoe are narrower than the pieces that the Yukon headlights fit into. That’s why the headlights won’t line up for the pins to drop in. I’d imagine you’d need the headlight bracket off the Yukon to be able to make the Yukon headlights swap over. There’s a guy with a really badly beat up pre-2003 Tahoe her run my town that has a Yukon front end on it. It looks like it didn’t workout to well for him. Maybe I’m wrong for that and it looks all lose and pieces are not mounted right and hanging out, it looks awful.

OP
OP
N

NO4NSHIT

Reaction score
The slots on bracket that the headlights mount to on the Tahoe are narrower than the pieces that the Yukon headlights fit into. That’s why the headlights won’t line up for the pins to drop in. I’d imagine you’d need the headlight bracket off the Yukon to be able to make the Yukon headlights swap over. There’s a guy with a really badly beat up pre-2003 Tahoe her run my town that has a Yukon front end on it. It looks like it didn’t workout to well for him. Maybe I’m wrong for that and it looks all lose and pieces are not mounted right and hanging out, it looks awful.
Yes I tried taking the the mounts that the headlights actually like fit into that you unbolt off of the core support I took those off and I tried putting those on there but they look almost identical to the ones that came off the Tahoe

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I tried taking the the mounts that the headlights actually like fit into that you unbolt off of the core support I took those off and I tried putting those on there but they look almost identical to the ones that came off the Tahoe
Oh that’s interesting. I had to replace the mounting brackets on my 2006 Yukon Denali as the plastic slots where the lights go into broke. When I went down to the junkyard to find the parts, the Tahoe and suburban brackets were all different from the Yukon brackets. Never saw one that was the same between the Chevy and GMC. I wonder why that is.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the shape of the Yukon hood different on the front edge, where it sits above the headlights?

I thought the Yukon headlights, grille and hood had that dip in them for the GMC headlights. I was under the impression that to use GMC grille and lights on a Chevy, that would need to use the hood that went with the GMC too.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the shape of the Yukon hood different on the front edge, where it sits above the headlights?

I thought the Yukon headlights, grille and hood had that dip in them for the GMC headlights. I was under the impression that to use GMC grille and lights on a Chevy, that would need to use the hood that went with the GMC too.
That’s very possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99TahoeTruckster