03 Tahoe Power Amp Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Anyone have a line on amp powered running boards for 2003 Tahoe? Anyone install them successfully?
Thanks
Curious as well. I’m sure you could rig up some 07+ factory power boards to work but I have heard the factory boards have more issues then the amp steps do especially if live in salty conditions.

mjpeterson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do my 05 Z71 Tahoe. Removed the steps and plastic easy enough and now I'm looking at 20 fricken rivets to remove! Will keep updates here. well, got all the factory crap off. Passenger side was a pain due to the coolant lines, trick was to tap out rivet pin and then knock the heads off with hammer and chisel. Installing the Amp Reasearch steps is pretty straight forward mounting the hardware, BUT the wiring is a pain in the arse. will be back to update, ask a question.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do my 05 Z71 Tahoe. Removed the steps and plastic easy enough and now I'm looking at 20 fricken rivets to remove! Will keep updates here. well, got all the factory crap off. Passenger side was a pain due to the coolant lines, trick was to tap out rivet pin then knock the all heads off with hammer and chisel. Installing the Amp Reasearch steps is pretty straight forward mounting the hardware, BUT the wiring is a pain in the arse. will be back to update, ask a question.
Awesome and best of luck. Where did you order the amp steps from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts