03 denali shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i know my compressor is out and i know my shocks were leaking because before the pump kicked it was on all the time. so im thinking of going with the bilstein rears and compressor from arnotts... my question is, do i have air shocks in the front also? i have no clue and havent checked... i would assume that there would be an air hose running to it, but i have not noticed it... just a 2 wire sensor of some sort... any help would be appriciated

wade

Reaction score
No air lines go to front. Just an elec. sensor on the top of the front for rebound purposes I believe.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yes, front are not air shocks, but electronic. They supposedly adjust the ride electronically to match road conditions. Rears are also electronic AND air...the air part adjusts ride height depending on load.

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the clear up guys, i think i will be replacing my pump and rears with the bilsteins from arnotts

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Me three as soon as I can afford it. Whoever is first needs to report back and tell us how they work/ride compared to the others.

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hopefully i can pull some overtime and get the work done but i just had to put out a load of money to get my nali back on the road... so we will see how it goes, im currently running no functioning pump so my ride sucks

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
well hopefully i can pull some overtime and get the work done but i just had to put out a load of money to get my nali back on the road... so we will see how it goes, im currently running no functioning pump so my ride sucks

I've been w/out the compressor for over a month now. Thank God my shocks are holding their air and I haven't started sagging in the rear yet. I should be getting a decent chunk of money in about a month, and plan on using it to take care of the shocks and get HID's. Course, I also need winter tires, which is actually more practical, so that may come before the HID's....lol

wade

Reaction score
my shocks been blown for months with no compressor and it only sags when I have my huge trailer on the truck.

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same as wade... it only sags when i tow or have a full load of people... other than the ****** ride it sits normal hight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz