03 Denali Seats Replace or Reupholster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... Starting my mod list, and the seats aren't in the greatest condition. D/S has a small rip size of a quarter, but the leather is worn out and cracked pretty bad. I think I want this to be my car for a long time.

I'm looking for input/advice on the seats. I've seen the Katzkin which look great. But the cushion on the D/S is also going flat. Would the Katzkin fix that or should I just got for something new from a shop?

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An upholstery shop in Irving quoted me $200 per seat to recover the butt cushions. That would be my advice - call around and see what local shops quote you on redoing the bolsters and leather covers.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy cushion replacements as well. if going with a katzkin set, the cushion isnt much more for what you're spending already.

OP
OP
jcevans7

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy cushion replacements as well. if going with a katzkin set, the cushion isnt much more for what you're spending already.

Can I buy those cushion replacements of the Katzkin site? I didn't see a option for it. Is it worth paying money to have everything reholpsterd? or just buy the covers and cushion.

One shop out in SE Houston said $300 per seat but that's new "reshaped cushions" and two tone leather.:hmmm2:

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought all new seat bottoms only from the seat shop. Perfect match.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know. once my bottom cover rips through ill be buying one as well. still in pretty good shape for now though.

Granprixfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We all have seen how the seat cushion breaks down. That side bolster is crushed almost every time we get in or out. This loosens the cover, hide or fabric. The loose cover will just aggravate the situation with the backside of the cover causing friction wearing the foam even more. Then you have this cracked and ripped cover and the rest of the interior looks great.
I'm not immune to this the Original owner kept this rig impeccably clean but the drivers seat cushion has broken down.
I'm not going to tell you what to do
For my situation I'm a getting a new cushion bottom and cover.
Like smcnair said the seatshop.com Check out their you tube videos to see what their all about (and it's a how to)
Since you asked...
Katzskin are covers only no cushion.
Their quality is top shelf
Get katskinz if the Benjamin's are burning a hole in your wallet as you will have to pay shop to install and they will probably order a new cushion when they install covers. I know many upholstery shops just order OEM, few make custom/cut shape foam. If your shop is the latter think about getting a gel type upper layer ... Oh wait I said I would tell you what to do but that's what I would do if I had extra C notes to burn.