03 Burb won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came out to go to church and it wouldn’t fire. It was about 1/8th tank and parked on an incline so I rolled it backwards to level surface and still nothing. Just cranks and cranks and cranks. Cycling the key in an attempt to pressurize the fuel system results in a hit maybe from one or two cylinders but never runs. It did this once before but it eventually got going. I can hear the fuel pump I thought but not sure. Any ideas?

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try to climb under and tap the fuel tank with a piece of a 2x4 with the key on to try and get the pump running again. If that works just use it to get you home or to a garage to have it changed because it will stop working again.

If that doesn`t work you can try some starting fluid, If it starts you know it`s the fuel pump.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try to climb under and tap the fuel tank with a piece of a 2x4 with the key on to try and get the pump running again. If that works just use it to get you home or to a garage to have it changed because it will stop working again.

If that doesn`t work you can try some starting fluid, If it starts you know it`s the fuel pump.

Thanks for the starting fluid tip. I’ll check it and report back

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Checked it yesterday. Ran with starting fluid. How bad/good are the amazon fuel pumps?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 01 i used to have, i would park in my garage driver side near the wall so fuel pump would echo off the wall, i knew it was going because it started sounding funny when i turned key, not funny haha but funny nonetheless. Put a gm fuel pump in and was still going 5 yrs later. On the fip side my brother bought a new 04 or 05 tahoe, maybe 03 i forget ... anyway factory pump went out at 4 months so luck of the draw i guess

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If changing the pump were a five minute job i would say go with a cheap part but it`s a pain in the ass especially changing it on your back in the garage. Like Galante said, Spend a little more for a good quality part.

Rock auto has a few AC delco pumps. One isn`t bad at $185 but the other is around $300. They also have a bosch for around $135. I`ve never used a bosch pump but i have had good results from other bosch products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo