02 yukon denali howling/whining on acceleration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got myself a 2002 Yukon Denali XL a while back and the transfer case was acting up.

The "dealer" changed it out for a used one and it took the problem away BUT...Gave me two more problems and now the "dealer" says theres nothing more he will/can do.

So after they replaced the transfer case it gained 2 problems..

#1.The truck will now roll while in park

#2.The truck will howl/while only during acceleration. Felt like it was slipping.

3 weeks ago the transfer case goes out while on steep grade.Full on perma-neutral!

I buy a rebuilt one from Transfer Case Express in oakland Ca.(Great customer service btw)

So I just installed it this sunday. Tested it out..all was GREAT! No problems like before!

Today I take the truck out and I go a little further from home and park at a store and I notice its rolling in park again.

A little while later on my way home I roll the windows down and hit the gas from the light and hear that same ol howl/whine!! This time its not as bad.

Im at a loss for words at this point...im not a well off guy..the $1000 for the transfer case killed me. So at this point im just looking for some help on the situation.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With given information it sounds like you have a transmission issue instead of a transfer case issue. Double check your linkage adjustment.

Good Luck !!

OP
OP
Hammer02

Hammer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..
Can you explain more about the adjustment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo