02 Tahoe Z71 5.3L Flex fuel (VIN Code Z)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TahoeJunky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, no lights flashing, body control module and passenger restraint system as it has no airbags upon my purchase. Before that was knock sensor 2, (rear valley), they never sealed it so antifreeze leaked into the valley, changed both twice with new harness and get proper volts from main harness, stayed until that night, catalyst code as well as fuel pressure unit, (sending unit as mine is a one piece unit i believe). No knocks, no bangs, even before this, it ran rough until the tune up and fluid change and smoothed out after. Negative on the cross as well, i had removed one at a time and replaced one at a time. Before this happened all was good

OP
OP
T

TahoeJunky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steady at idle affirm, i have a revamp chip attached to the MAF harness I'll disconnect and try it out

OP
OP
T

TahoeJunky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also old plugs came out looking like crap, smelled like gas, probably due to the catalyst code and faulty o2 sensors, covered in soot after 2 months

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also old plugs came out looking like crap, smelled like gas, probably due to the catalyst code and faulty o2 sensors, covered in soot after 2 months
The downstream 02 sensors didnt cause your wet and dirty plugs. More than likely the cause of your wet and dirty plugs caused the downstream sensor to pop a code for bad catalytic converter because it got flooded with gas.

OP
OP
T

TahoeJunky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The downstream 02 sensors didnt cause your wet and dirty plugs. More than likely the cause of your wet and dirty plugs caused the downstream sensor to pop a code for bad catalytic converter because it got flooded with gas.
I spoke to a friend of mine and he thinks i might have a clogged cat so im going to take the y pipe off since i already have a new one with cats on it and see if thats my issue with the thumping, jumping and shutdown

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a friend of mine and he thinks i might have a clogged cat so im going to take the y pipe off since i already have a new one with cats on it and see if thats my issue with the thumping, jumping and shutdown
You may very well have a clogged B1 cat and your downstream o2 sensor for that side might not be lying to you. Question is...what caused the clogging up of your cat.

OP
OP
T

TahoeJunky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably lack of maintenance honestly, as long as it runs i really don't care, looking at a rebuilt engine for under $2500 and do a 383 convert to the original. If it works and happens again ill straight pipe it and put o2 back in it to pass emissions at this point. I burned up my grinder and my brand new sawzall so it'll take a minute for an update after i cut them open

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11