02 Tahoe Air Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Just picked up an 02 air ride Tahoe. I love it! First thing I did was eliminate the computer pressure control on the power steering. My last Tahoe nearly killed me with that shit locking up and put me in a snowbank and over on my lid. (put her back on her feet and off she went)
None of the freeway speed wander all my other Subs and **'s had. This one had it the first day, but I wasn't trusting my life with the ******** power steering. The kit from GM is 19168825. It's worth it. Worth your life. $50. Do it. It steers down the road like a real truck.

I haven't had any time to research the suspension. Been busy with Dr.s and med issues from the rollover. Then playing katchup with a ****** shoulder and neck. Life. I want to keep the air ride. I don't care about the cost of the shocks or bags or whatever. My Arnage shocks are $1600 each, so I'm not too worried about price. What I need to know, is how can I beef up the suspension and keep the air ride? As some of you know, I haul exotics around the country on my tilt deck trailer. I visit all my internet friends whenever I can on these trips. Been a lot of fun.

11,900 lb capacity for now. 10 ply tires. I have torsion bar equalizers on the hitch along with anti sway bars. Hitch clamp to get rid of the rattling hitch.

What's a good system to augment the air ride to handle my trailer hitch load? Don't care if I need another compressor to run a separate system. I'm installing a good sized air compressor to fill flat tires from the trailer. I have a huge winch with a group 31 battery and a solar charger. I can add the alternator pretty easily if I need more juice. I want to keep the great ride when I'm unhitched, but have the ability to control the load without overstressing the air ride.

Suggestions?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your accident. Others will chime in but the first thing that came to mind is helper bags. it seems like if you want the regular ride when unhitched heavy duty springs may not allow that. I’ll be watching to see what others say. It’s a great question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17