02 Tahoe a/c w/ rear air control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little off topic but where all the lines are mounted to the rear of the Tahoe / suburbans (rear right corner) i understand ac systems are supposed to drop condensation but is there supposed to be any air blowing out of at area. Been wondering this for a while now. Ac system seems to be working top notch for a 01 @ 194,000 miles in a salty state.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little off topic but where all the lines are mounted to the rear of the Tahoe / suburbans (rear right corner) i understand ac systems are supposed to drop condensation but is there supposed to be any air blowing out of at area. Been wondering this for a while now. Ac system seems to be working top notch for a 01 @ 194,000 miles in a salty state.

picture of area I am talking about

View attachment 278921

OP
OP
donmauldin

donmauldin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Donmauldin,
How difficult to get the evap. out? I replaced all four indash door motors this last spring and was a major pain. Found originals were all still good just saturated in grease. Have had my 2005 Yukon XL LT K2500 since new. Now has 85K miles. Plan on being buried in it.
Will replace the A/C compressor, dryer, ex-valves soon as the system is original. Compressor low side is running way too hi, so am certain it is time for replacement before it blows scattering metal fragments throughout the system.
Appreciate any advice you may give,
montegutman

I watched a very good video on YouTube. I will look for the link, but I followed his instructions and it worked to a tee. Total time to remove was about 1 1/2 hrs or less. You need to have the tools tho. Nothing special just a sawzall or oscillating cutter

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP
OP
donmauldin

donmauldin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice. I did the same job last weekend using the same video. Have any issues doing yours? I tried putting the factory bracket back on the evaporator, but it kept fighting me--so I left it off. I hated to cut anything, but it beat dropping the entire dash.

I didn't have a factory bracket. Just rubber underneath the core and around the edges.
My new core came with new rubber

OP
OP
donmauldin

donmauldin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not really a bracket, it was also made out of rubber and plastic.
I would have never found my leak if I hadn't put air pressure to it. I could hear air pushing out of the core when I put my ear down next to the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63