02 Tahoe a/c w/ rear air control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I would have never found my leak if I hadn't put air pressure to it. I could hear air pushing out of the core when I put my ear down next to the dash.
Same here, but the mechanic was pushing the core through the firewall and heard it hissing too.

montegutman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
donmauldin,
Thanks so much for taking the time to find and share the video. I will do this "shortcut" method if/when necessary to replace my evaporator.
You have saved me from selling my trusted old truck had I have to go back into the dash. I did the replacement of all four door motors without cutting anything, and it was somewhat a nightmare! My 2005 K2500 Yukon XL LT with 6.0L and MT1 Hvy Duty Transmission currently has 85K miles is still in excellent condition; so, though I do not need the 4Wheel drive any longer it is nice to have when towing/launching my boat and buying a replacement new equivalent is in the $70K MSRP range. These forums and Participants are a lifesaver.
Thanks again,
montegutman