02 denali awd lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tadallic

Reaction score
ok so here's the deal.....just had some ******** run a red light and i totaled my 99 tahoe (lifted) Now i got a 02 denali awd and would like to take it up 6 inch with 37...was told no i couldnt by some and yes by some....i have seen the pics on other threads so iam sure it can be done....so who knows what lifts i can use??? thanx

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna need a 6" lift with Torsion Keys and spacers from what I know. Go with 35's 6" lift, and get rid of a little plastic to keep from rubbing. The 37"s and keys will be fine, but you will need new ball joints all the time and your half shafts will hate you.

37's will look good if you raise more than 6" otherwise go with 35's and save some cash with replacement parts.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

And i'm sorry about your truck... Glad you're alright and into a newer ride.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

You'll need to omit the autoride system. Have the new shocks installed and bypass the old electronic connectors with some resistors. Otherwise, you'll have orange lights on your dash.

Let me know if you need a source of the resistors, i'm sure I can find them.

They trick the electronics into thinking everything is kosher. No lights.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Small world, I had a moron run a light last month and totaled my 00' nali now I'm in an 04'

Keep us posted on the lift :waytogo:

OP
OP
tadallic

tadallic

Reaction score
I was told that the driver line would need some work done to it?? Said it would shake like crazy if not....thanx for the help , will keep updating!!

04denali

Reaction score
There are definitely lifts out there for denalis even with using the autoride system. Just has a bracket to relocate. I have looked at them before, I believe it was right around $2000 for a 3" and close to $3000 for a 6" from what i can remember its been a long time. From what i researched body lift is the only problem with lifting a denali, mainly because the receiver is attached to the bumper, which of course can be modified.

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ur gonna need alot more than 6" to clear 37s. Being a renal I wouldn't hack it up. The majority of 6" kits are really 4.5" diff drop and the other coming from crank. If u get a 6" kit u will have to crank to the sky and cut alot running 37s. Being you have awd you can't crank to the sky and will need almost flat angles. If it were me I'd look into getting a 7-9 cognito on 35s, or a 10" fts if ur really wanting 37s. It's gonna be a dog on 37s and you will need to regear.

OP
OP
tadallic

tadallic

Reaction score
Thanx guys......I think I only want 35s.....so yeah a 6 would fit me fine + My girl is like 5"4 so I would need a mean step stool with 37s....We have a central 4 wheel drive here in town , but just want to see what yall have to say on here.....people will do anything to get ur money!!

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a FTS lift their 9.5 kit is perfect for 35's beacause of the denali running boards and plastics.

OP
OP
tadallic

tadallic

Reaction score
I did not know Fts made a lift for AWD.....I will look in to it....thanx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz