01-06 GMC Yukon Denali Front bumper mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please explain. This process is raising the bumper up to close the gap. Are you suggesting something different like lowering the whole body?
Edit: if you are, I’m pretty sure the bumper will drop with the body or am I wrong because the swap to the smaller bushings, like the thread in the Tech section, nets about 1” so wouldn’t that mean the bumper would hit the body?
It drops the body on the frame. Closes the gaps on the bumpers front and back.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/how-to-body-drop.39466/#post-466308

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gaps are tightened up at the bumpers and it looks much nicer without the huge gap WITH NO CLEARENCE PROBLEMS. The core support does not need to be relocated. Now, if your bushings are already worn the body won't be lowered as much due to the old worn bushings.

I made this write-up as thorough and straight forward as possible. This is VERY easy to do, no gimmicks. Just follow the tutorial step by step...

I did this 4 years ago and haven't had any problems. I used poly bushings and I don't have any squeaks either.

See this quote^

Bumpers are mounted to frame. If you reduce the bushing size it drops the body in relation to the frame, thus closing the gaps @ the bumpers.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See this quote^

Bumpers are mounted to frame. If you reduce the bushing size it drops the body in relation to the frame, thus closing the gaps @ the bumpers.
I actually remembered that thread and looked it up. As far as easier and cheaper, I think this is the way to go. The body drop costs a lot , I was seeing $200 for Energy Suspension bushings or way more for S10 rubber ones, plus the trip to the wrecking yard for the cups and then there’s way more labor involved from what I see. To me, it makes more sense to raise the bumper up by using a few washers and welding 2 clips than to drop the whole body. And for me, I’m lowered to where I like it and don’t want to deal with any more tire clearance issues. Good to realize there’s more than one way to do it.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually remembered that thread and looked it up. As far as easier and cheaper, I think this is the way to go. The body drop costs a lot , I was seeing $200 for Energy Suspension bushings or way more for S10 rubber ones, plus the trip to the wrecking yard for the cups and then there’s way more labor involved from what I see. To me, it makes more sense to raise the bumper up by using a few washers and welding 2 clips than to drop the whole body. And for me, I’m lowered to where I like it and don’t want to deal with any more tire clearance issues. Good to realize there’s more than one way to do it.
Fair enough. Just an alternative I thought I'd point out relating to the thread.

Going to poly s10 bushings could effect the ride quality a bit too. Its nuts how much they charge for rubber bushings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts