“Official” 2022 Changes Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PivotalRex

Reaction score

K Whitman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(Absolutely not official in any way)

Looking through the order guides posted by @BrokerThis I wanted to centralize a thread of the highlights I’ve noticed so far, please add yours.

The good:
- 6.2L available on Yukon AT4, Tahoe Z71, and RST. With the cool exhausts. In the Tahoe it must be combined with other option groups that will push prices into Denali territory. In the AT4 it seems to be a genuinely stand-alone option.
- front and rear parking sensors now standard. I had a rental Tahoe LT for a week and couldn’t believe it didn’t have front sensors.
- 12” digital gauge cluster (with analog speed and tach) now standard on LT & up Tahoe, and all Yukon. Interested in seeing this in action.
- new infotainment by google auto.

The not-so-good:
- still no ventilated seats on any Tahoe trim under Premier. Pretty inexcusable at these prices. And the main thing pushing me away from a Z71 and toward the Yukon SLT.
- adaptive cruise control not available on anything except Denali, Tahoe Premier & High Country.
- no Super Cruise anywhere except Escalade.

New Colors, Chevrolet names:
- Auburn Metallic
- Dark Ash Metallic
- Evergreen Gray Metallic (same as the ‘hunter’ on Denali?)

Link to guides Select make/model, then “print book” (a link to the PDFs did not work)

What other changes have you noticed?
The RST comes only in High Country, not to my liking since I have an RST 2019.... 6.2 which the new ones have BUT... my tranny is an 8 speed vs the new 10 speed.... slower in the git up.... and just not a tight RST anymore.... to me its a giant difference and not a sporty one. And for the price... crappy.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
I just met with my dealer to build a 2022 Yukon Denali and a couple notes: Premium Package now requires Max Towing Package and new price tag of $7100 vs $4525 as it was on the 2021s. Black performance package is not available to add yet and it is now married to those Low Gloss Black w/ Machined Accents wheels, so you can't get those wheels now without that package which isn't even available. Bummer for me as those are the wheels I was set on. Interior protection package also not available to be added yet. I have him building me a Premiere and High Country Tahoe as well just to see what the price difference is with comparable features.

Last edited:

Dez78n

Reaction score
I just met with my dealer to build a 2022 Yukon Denali and a couple notes: Premium Package now requires Max Towing Package and new price tag of $7100 vs $4525 as it was on the 2021s. Black performance package is not available to add yet and it is now married to those Low Gloss Black w/ Machined Accents wheels, so you can't get those wheels now without that package which isn't even available. Bummer for me as those are the wheels I was set on. Interior protection package also not available to be added yet. I have him building me a Premiere and High Country Tahoe as well just to see what the price difference is with comparable features.
So what was the price with the premier package?

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
The Tahoe packages did not change in price. Premiere Trim Tahoe 4WD, w/ the premium package, diesel engine, iridescent pearl, add power assist steps, add 22 inch wheels is $77,950. High Country with same options $78,745. Denali equivalent $80,805 (standard 22 in wheels)

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
They just updated the prices on the packages on the 2021 Yukon builds on the gm website. I had one screen open from earlier today with the packages still showing $8230/4525 (discounted). And then went back into look at something just now and they updated them to $10205/6500 (discounted)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    755.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2021-08-25 135915.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-25 135915.png
    841.1 KB · Views: 16

Erik23

Reaction score
They are the same price you probably just had premium wheels already selected before so the price difference reflected that.

Flav

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Dark ash metallic color is?