“Check System” Msg Under Air Filter Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a ‘21 Tahoe with 20k miles on it and just recently started to notice this “Check System” message appearing on the Air Filter Life screen instead of the usual percentage.

Curious if this means the air filter life is gone or if the sensor is bad. So far I have never replaced the air filter in the 2 years of ownership (probably should).

It’s been super hot here lately (low 90’s), so I’m not sure if that messes with the air filter sensor. I figured that percentage was based on run time and not an actual sensor???

Was just curious if anyone else saw this. I’m leaning towards a sensor issue…obviously it’s under warranty still, so I’ll have the dealer check it out when it’s due for an oil change probably this fall.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpeg
    IMG_0452.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Micahsd

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it was just a fluke…after restarting the vehicle it went back to normal showing 43% life left. Just an odd one.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't happen to have an aftermarket air filter or box installed, do you? I've heard of that message coming up when people install K&N, CAI kits, etc. There's an option in the menu under the filter life to disable the system so it doesn't give you that message.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd open it and shake it out. by cleaning the filter box itself. In general, we change the filter every second maintenance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660