‘21 Tahoe Radio Update??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jna97

Reaction score
Saw there was a GMC radio update. My tahoe hasn’t prompted me for an update, but this week I noticed i had another row of available presets, carplay seems to be connecting better, and seems to be some additional popup settings when connected to napster. Anyone with a tahoe/suburban notice anything?

jasonblupa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lost all my presets the other day and noticed it now confirms my name as the person/key when I turn vehicle on

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Alex Gales

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My update failed and prompted me to return to the dealer, where they are now in the process of replacing it!

Mine failed a couple of times and ultimately ended up working out. I think the cold weather was preventing it from continuing. I also received the message to bring to the dealer.

OP
OP
jna97

jna97

Reaction score
Have had no update prompts at all. When I check for an update it says mine is current. I wonder if there is a way to check what version i have and if its the latest.

OP
OP
jna97

jna97

Reaction score
Never got any notifications while in the vehicle, but was getting the 3rd row seat recall looked at today and let them know i had some issues. The advisor checked and said there was a “radio software calibration version V153”. Radio works great with no more wireless connection or satellite loading issues. Hope this helps.

Thunder22

Reaction score
The OTA update finally hit my '21 Tahoe today. Failed on 3 attempts to do the update. I also got a call that there's a recall for the infotainment screen going black in the cold weather. I'll make an appointment when it's convenient, as everything is working fine right now without the update.

Thunder22

Reaction score
Well, I jinxed myself. I tried the OTA update one last time last night and left it running. Checked it this morning and the battery is dead. Won't even crank. Called Chevy roadside to come jump it as it's raining and I don't want to bother any neighbors, and I can't get to the battery on my other car as it's parked head in in my garage and blocked by the Tahoe. Will take it to service tomorrow to have battery checked and replaced if need be.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the update last week. Everything went fine. The black screen recall was done as well. Took about 90 minutes the dealer told me

Red2021RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a listing of the software versions exists and what was fixed by the version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645