‘05 seat not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salley1518

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The driver seat on my 2005 Dinali XL has not worked for sometime. The wiring harness is a 14 pin harness and pins A (battery positive?) and S (ground?) are chard. The fuse tests good for continuity. What would cause the pins to burn and not blow the fuse? And why doesn't the seat work?

What's the fix? TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_8094.jpeg
    IMG_8094.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 3

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably going to have to take an electric meter and test everything out. If I had to guess, I'd say something gunked up the crack causing the load on one or more of the motors to be too great, blowing the system. But since the fuse is good, I can't really say. If you don't want to test it out, you can use the parts canon; just watch FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. for part-outs of Avalanche, Escalade, Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, and Yukon from 2003-2006 + 2007 Classic. Buy seats with working motors -- ones with shredded leather/cloth go cheap! -- and the rest of the power seat parts. Then you can test until you figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA