Zwanzon's 07' Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. @Tonyrodz - It does :/ Their fix was to add the awful looking carpet dash piece. I was looking at this dash cover as a possible fix though. I guess it fits right on top of the stock dash.

I also realized I'm pretty sure I do have AFM, as I see on the dash it going from "V8" to "V4" after stopping and going slower speeds. I'll need to invest in either the black bear tune or Range device. For anyone with 4x4, do you leave it on "Auto" or "2-Up" for normal driving?

The center console wrap came out really nice too considering it was only $25 on amazon.

004.jpg

What do you guys think of the stock rims painted black? (Found this on the net somewhere..)

006.jpg

Yup. Definitely AFM.

I only run around in auto if the weather warrants it.

Not a fan th black wheels on a white truck, myself. Full disclosure: you have one of my absolute favorite stock wheels.

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using 2H for normal driving, Auto for variable conditions like light snow and heavy rain. 4H for snow/ice and 4L for steep inclines in mud/snow, on a slick boat ramp etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawfarm

Reaction score
4-Auto engages the front axle, which both increases wear and decreases fuel mileage (by some imperceptible amount). I agree with the above; I only use 4-A where conditions are intermittently slippery.

OP
OP
zwanzon

zwanzon

Reaction score
Ok, I'll switch to 2-H since it's been on Auto since I got it. I plan on doing my first oil change this weekend (using this DIY) and I may tackle the rims. If I do, I'll post up pictures. Any recommendations for oil on an 07' with 160k?

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll switch to 2-H since it's been on Auto since I got it. I plan on doing my first oil change this weekend (using this DIY) and I may tackle the rims. If I do, I'll post up pictures. Any recommendations for oil on an 07' with 160k?

I just got my Tahoe so I haven't changed the oil yet but I plan to use Mobil 1 super synthetic 5w30 and an AC Delco filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz