Zwanzon's 07' Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zwanzon

Reaction score
Thanks to the many of you on here that helped guide me in my 'scenario' thread, I found and bought this amazing, white 2007 Tahoe LT. It's a 4x4 with black leather, new headlights, moonroof and 162k on the odo which I got for $9k. This was supposed to be my beater, 3rd wheel, baby-hauling, grocery getter but I'm already in love with it. I have a feeling I'll be a Tahoe owner for quite some time. This thing has had absolutely everything done at the dealership and was incredibly well maintained (sellers gave me all the service records).

The day I bought it I ordered new floor mats, a new center console cover (elbow wear), new instrument stickers (AC, etc) and replaced various bulbs with LED's. I also washed, claybared and waxed the entire vehicle. Wow that took much longer then my Z.. ha.

I'd love to do black rims so I'm going to keep an eye out for some. I'm not sure how well these stock rims would look painted but it was a thought.

I did have a couple questions if anyone can enlighten me:
  1. How do I know if this has AFM (or do all 07's have it)?
  2. When I turn the key to start it, it doesn't sound like a 'powerful startup' if that makes sense. I've obviously never taken note of how a Tahoe should sound starting up, but it was just an observation. The battery is new so maybe it's just because of all the miles? This could also be nothing and I'm over analyzing.
Anyway, cheers!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zwanzon

zwanzon

Reaction score
Fail is right. I haven't used the photobucket account in years, now I remember why...

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Looks awesome..You have the perfect color IMHO.

It is awesome you got all service records and your Tahoe was dealer serviced..I generally find dealer serviced vehicles are in better shape then others..I am baffled when people buy vehicles with zero service history.

OP
OP
zwanzon

zwanzon

Reaction score
Thanks guys. @Tonyrodz - It does :/ Their fix was to add the awful looking carpet dash piece. I was looking at this dash cover as a possible fix though. I guess it fits right on top of the stock dash.

I also realized I'm pretty sure I do have AFM, as I see on the dash it going from "V8" to "V4" after stopping and going slower speeds. I'll need to invest in either the black bear tune or Range device. For anyone with 4x4, do you leave it on "Auto" or "2-Up" for normal driving?

The center console wrap came out really nice too considering it was only $25 on amazon.

004.jpg

What do you guys think of the stock rims painted black? (Found this on the net somewhere..)

006.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I like the black wheel look. What wrap did you do to the center console? To cover cracking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo