2012 Hoe won’t shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roosters_Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased this Tahoe runs great drives great hate the deactivation of cylinders ordered one of those obd2 port deactivation devices.
Anyways, noticed while driving voltage is kind of jumping around from 13-14.5. Went and got the oil changed after a 2 hr drive in it and wouldn’t shut off when pulled into the bay it did shit off but took 10-15 seconds.
Once new oil and filter were installed I started it primed oil pressure tried to turn off I had the key in my hand all the dash everything shut off like usual but truck kept running it did kind of stutter down and come back alive a few times for several minutes ended up just turning the key back on and driving it did illuminate a code after this and I have not had a chance to scan what it’s saying yet.
Checked fuse box for moisture absolutely none dry as a bone, swapped some relays around all look nice and clean.
Standing at the driver front tire fuse box in front of you the wire loom coming at the bottom of the fuse box between the fender and box has a red with black stripe wire big square ground looking head crimped on it I found it just electrical taped off to the side any help on that would be appreciated. This Tahoe does have remote start and loaded with the options no aftermarket radio. Will also state after this occurrence I had an hr drive home she shut off like normal instantly.

Last edited:

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to check if it has remote start. Sit in passenger side hit lock button 3 times see if it starts up. Any 4 door lock button can stop and start it . Mine has that . It's a dealer installed remote start is what I was told . At first I thought it was possessed. lol.

OP
OP
R

Roosters_Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Might want to check if it has remote start. Sit in passenger side hit lock button 3 times see if it starts up. Any 4 door lock button can stop and start it . Mine has that . It's a dealer installed remote start is what I was told . At first I thought it was possessed. lol.
It does have remote start

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, definitely check the remote start system and any damaged wiring.

I was going to suggest pulling the fuel pump relay when it does that. Recently on one of my trucks one relay apparently got stuck on, I think it was the headlamp one. I could not shut them off no matter what. I swapped another known good relay and issue went away.

OP
OP
R

Roosters_Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar