Update GPS 07 Tahoe help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShannonR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased my 07 Tahoe LTZ this weekend and it needs the GPS updated. But, I don't have the disc ..any help where I can find one

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased my 07 Tahoe LTZ this weekend and it needs the GPS updated. But, I don't have the disc ..any help where I can find one
There isn't one, the system has not been updated pretty much since it came out, the best thing to do is yank that archaic thing out and get a modern system

alexei81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM stopped producing them but you might be able to find newer data than what you have but it certainly won't be up to today's date. You can check ebay motors for people that are selling those discs like this one. There's also 3rd party sellers on ebay that made their own discs using publicly available gps data, but the quality of that data and whether it will actually work on your Tahoe is something you'll have to figure out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya they made like 1 update disc and then abandoned the the whole thing, so it's been over 10 years.
get rid of it, so much newer stuff out there now all hands free, wireless, etc. you can stream, you can watch movies, mirror, add camera's you name it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Version 10.4 is the last / latest version GM put out for the Navi. Part # 22846887. 10+ years old though.

The inexpensive work around is an aftermarket made by Advent, OG1. 1-$200

It has SW updates and Navi updates to 2023.

They’re widely available used and a true plug n play Navi unit that retains all the factory features. It states they’re good for 08-14 vehicles but they’re likely referring to the truck family, not the Full Size SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove