Z71Versus Standard 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rojo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SE Michigan.

I'll go with an LT with the Max trailering package and 18" wheels. I'll trade out the stock tires for the Michelin LTX M/S, Add the tow hooks and check to see if there is added protection gained from adding one or more skid plates, and consider removing the front spoiler. Then, I'll order the floor liners from Weathertech-anyone know a discount seller of their products?

I hear good things about the Cooper AT/3's should I ultimately decide to go with an All Terrain Tire.

That's the plan as of today.

Last edited:

Garandman

Reaction score
FWIW our ‘16 came with polished 20” rims, not the hot setup for winter. It has the max towing package.

Bought four new takeoff 18” Silverado Z71 rims with TPMS for $659 delivered. We’ll use Nokian Hakka R2’s for winter.

Bought Z71 decals just to mess with my wife....going to mount them with magnetic vinyl and she’ll freak.....

OP
OP
R

Rojo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer has really been trying to find what I want. Unfortunately, we were a bit late on three 2017 Tahoe LT's with the Max trailering package-they were sold.

So, I pulled the trigger on a Z71 Midnight Edition. It should be ready for me to pick up on Wednesday. The Service Director-a Tahoe owner and fellow hunter-has suggested swapping the Duratrac tires for Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S that he has used for years. He believes that I'll get a better ride with lower road noise for the majority of my driving and still get good wet, snow and mud performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645