2023 Yukon XL or Standard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeostang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working with my dealer to order a 2023 / or may have to wait for the 2024. I'm torn between getting the XL or Standard. We are a family of 4 that also totes my two nephews around a few times a month. We also do a lot of road trips in our 2011 f250 diesel. I'm keeping my truck, the Yukon will become my daily driver and road trip vehicle. Should I do the XL or Standard.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i could do it over, i would likely have gone suburban over my tahoe, just for the added cargo space for traveling vacations. My tahoe is great, but with 5 people plus added handicapped equipment, i still needed my hitch cargo carrier toger it all loaded in without having the rear view mirror totally blocked by stuff.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
If you got the space, majority of folk will say go XL and you won't regret it. Variables you need to consider

- Towing frequency
- garage space
- city driving/parking
- luggage space when traveling

If you haven't considered already, def look into the diesel engine over gassers. I have a reg/dmax. I would have taken an XL if I could have made it fit in my garage.

Reaction score
We have two kids and take the in-laws on trips often enough that we are glad to have an extended length vehicle (we currently have a Navigator L and are going with a GM product sometime after the refreshes). I do wish we could get a diesel GM product in a higher trim with the second row bench as well though!

If you aren't highly cramped for space in your garage and you don't live in a super tight, really big city environment you won't regret going with the larger vehicle imho.

OP
OP
J

jeostang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you got the space, majority of folk will say go XL and you won't regret it. Variables you need to consider

- Towing frequency
- garage space
- city driving/parking
- luggage space when traveling

If you haven't considered already, def look into the diesel engine over gassers. I have a reg/dmax. I would have taken an XL if I could have made it fit in my garage.
Yep, my order includes the diesel option. I will be towing with my pickup truck, and I have a 30x50x16 garage. I do go into the city for work like once a month.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have 21’ Tahoe and will be ordering a 2024 suburban or yukon xl diesel just so we have the added space for road trips.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Other thing to keep in mind, while supply chains seem to be getting better .... GM seems to be keeping the wait list going on these full size SUVs (esp diesel) to keep the prices up. So might be a good talk to have with your salesman about how many allocations they are receiving monthly for each, and what number you might happen to be on the list for either option with the diesel.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working with my dealer to order a 2023 / or may have to wait for the 2024. I'm torn between getting the XL or Standard. We are a family of 4 that also totes my two nephews around a few times a month. We also do a lot of road trips in our 2011 f250 diesel. I'm keeping my truck, the Yukon will become my daily driver and road trip vehicle. Should I do the XL or Standard.
I've had both, and the XL is the only was to go. Particularly, if you do home projects and may have the need to haul some 8 ft. studs, or 4x8 ft. plywood or sheet rock.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other thing to keep in mind, while supply chains seem to be getting better .... GM seems to be keeping the wait list going on these full size SUVs (esp diesel) to keep the prices up. So might be a good talk to have with your salesman about how many allocations they are receiving monthly for each, and what number you might happen to be on the list for either option with the diesel.

I'm not convinced this is in GM's interest. While Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon sales increased 15% from 2023 Q1 to 2023 Q2, Ford Expedition's sales increased by over 50% from 2023 Q1 to 2023 Q2.

If GM has ample production capacity but is purposely limiting actual supply, you're ceding market share to a competitor. Ford is still selling every single Expedition it makes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo