Wrap All - Wrap Some - Wrap None

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about doing:

grille surround, leave slats chrome
top chrome on headlights
& top 3/4 of mirror

thus leaving stripes of visible chrome that tie into the rims
(running boards, door/windows, handles, fog light, lower 2 inside headlight & roof rack)

i hav ebeen contemplating something this on mine

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fosscore and gat0r! Great suggestions that I would definitely consider!

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color match the grille and headlights, leave the chrome trim around the windows, wrap the roof rack? It'll darken it up a bit but still blend in with the accents on the rims. Maybe?

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! For the price I'm going to pay, I'm fine with trying out the "semi-murdered-out" look....rather than just listening to what others say, and not knowing what it would've been like if I did it. As for estimates for wrapping all chrome except wheels and bowties, here's what I got:

Shop #1: $275

Shop #2: $1100-1500 :jawdrop:
Shop #3: $800-1000 :wtf2:

Guess who I'm going with? :)

Im going to guess #2? Obviously they are the best cause the charge the most? lol That is crazy gap. It does make me nervous that 2 of them are around the $1000-1100 mark and one is under $300? But I have also heard others have just the grill wrapped and a few other items and it was like $150...so the 275 wasn't screaming at me until I saw the 2nd and 3rd options. CRAZY

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a good note if #1 is cheap... You will see if you really like it. If you dont? remove it. If you love it but can tell up close its cheap, the you are still out a few hundred bucks but it would justify going to #2 or 3.

I am curious if #2 or #3 is a big name shop? Seems like a pricey tab, but if they were big time, you are definetly paying for quality and the name of the business and not the work.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that #2 and #3 shops do quality work...but I also know that #1 also does quality work as well. I found all 3 shops based on reviews, so they are well known in my area. One huge difference is that #1 shop is just one guy, whereas, shops #2 and #3 have workers.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 200 to have my roof rails wrapped - I got a crap job, looked great but lifted all the time - shop kept redoing it but kept re-peeling

Went to shop that quoted me 600 - reviews, website, IG - was clearly the high end option but turned out it was worth it to me, wrap hasn't lifted an edge in over a year

Turns out I was wrong, I thought all wrap was the same but just like tint jobs, it really comes down to the installer

16SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who says you have to black it all at once. Start with something small that you know you want to black out. Drive it for a week or two and then bring it back and black something else out. I would def black the mirrors and grill to start, my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076