What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
All new brake pads and rotors installed today.

Breaking the caliper bracket bolts loose was EASY, thanks to my new 18" flex head ratchet. I'm not saying they weren't tight; they were indeed frozen shut and with Loctite, also not to mention I did the work in 25 degree weather. What I'm saying is that I was surprised how easy it was compared to using a 12" ratchet, which is what I used on my 2013 Impala. I tried with the old ratchet as well, and taking off a caliper bolt on the truck was literally impossible. Switched back to the 18" ratchet, easy peasy. Got everything replaced and speced wtih the proper torque settings for caliper bracket, caliper pins, and wheels.

So now I have all new Akebono ceramic pads and Centric cryo-treated rotors. Took it for a spin to get them broken in, and man oh man, I've never felt such stopping power before. It's amazing.

The most difficult thing by far doing the brake job was lifting up the wheels. Those things are heavy. :D

No difficulty in removing the small screw on the rotor? That shit was a ***** n I never replaced with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave it a quick run thru with the buffer to get some of the swirls out. I'll wait for nicer weather this spring to give it a full paint correction but I just wanted to get rid of some of the swirls and get some wax on it to protect it.

7284c1c8cf1dd189aa254282db9c1aac.jpg

Priced out tires on NTB. Tires for the 22's are cheaper than the 33's I had on my Silvy with 20" wheels. That's a nice surprise. I'll probably stick with the Bridgestone Alenza's. I loved the Yoko Parada Spec X's I had on my TBSS but they don't last for shit.

Ordered 20% film to tint the rear 3 windows. Not that I need it but I want something protecting the rear defroster and antennae lines in the back in case my dog decides to scratch the windows.

Took off the stupid finger pad on the rear glass. I have no idea why GM put that thing on there? Looks waaayyyy better without it.

d2c2158a9b24cc2406e0b65b1cc8b91a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh never thought of taking that off. Well now im gonna haha, thanks.

Was it just some double sided tape?

Last edited:

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't have it on there when I bought it . Previous owner must of removed it

sent from galaxy s6

Tarashoe08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I have a prescription for window tint so I don't get tickets for the front windows being darker than 35% which is the legal limit.

I was talking to a cop one day and he said to ask my eye doctor to write "window tint required" on my prescription and keep a copy in my truck. I have been pulled over many times for tint since then and never ticketed... After all, I'm light sensitive... Lol
Whoa whoa whoa.. is this for real???? Hahaha maybe I need a script

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I have a prescription for window tint so I don't get tickets for the front windows being darker than 35% which is the legal limit.

I was talking to a cop one day and he said to ask my eye doctor to write "window tint required" on my prescription and keep a copy in my truck. I have been pulled over many times for tint since then and never ticketed... After all, I'm light sensitive... Lol

How'd you get an eye doc to write it? I don't need corrective lenses or contacts so I have no need to see an eye doc, but I'd like to have a prescription for tint lol

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa.. is this for real???? Hahaha maybe I need a script

Absolutely.... And it works great at least here in Florida.... I'm sure if you ran across the wrong cop he would figure out something else to write you for if he really wanted to.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
How'd you get an eye doc to write it? I don't need corrective lenses or contacts so I have no need to see an eye doc, but I'd like to have a prescription for tint lol

I wear contacts and when I go in to get my eye exam I just tell them that light bothers me and ask them to write it on the prescription.

I found out along time ago that you get more flys with honey than you do with vinegar.... Lol

If you are nice they will do it without question, especially if you go back to the same eye doctor and they see that it was written on the last prescription they have on file.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No difficulty in removing the small screw on the rotor? That shit was a ***** n I never replaced with a new one.

You mean the small Torx screw on the front rotors? Nope, absolutely no difficulty at all. Wasn't even an afterthought, that's how easy it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts