What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I have a prescription for window tint so I don't get tickets for the front windows being darker than 35% which is the legal limit.

I was talking to a cop one day and he said to ask my eye doctor to write "window tint required" on my prescription and keep a copy in my truck. I have been pulled over many times for tint since then and never ticketed... After all, I'm light sensitive... Lol

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I have a prescription for window tint so I don't get tickets for the front windows being darker than 35% which is the legal limit.

I was talking to a cop one day and he said to ask my eye doctor to write "window tint required" on my prescription and keep a copy in my truck. I have been pulled over many times for tint since then and never ticketed... After all, I'm light sensitive... Lol

Well then move up here we hardly ever get sun:( :D

Thats sweet to know about the front window, ill have to talk to my tint guy and see what he has or can do legally.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forum and don't mean to butt in but I have the entire windshield tinted on my 2008 Suburban LTZ with 70% which is clear... If you check your clear front side windows with a tint meter it will read out at 70%. But it is a ceramic film that blocks about 50% of the heat and about 99% of UVa and UVb rays to protect your dash from cracking and keep you cool. I did a 8 inch strip of 5% across the top of the windshield as well and 18% on the 2 front side windows to match the factory rear tint and it is a perfect match.

The clear on the windshield is amazing and if I had not stood there and watched the installer I would have trouble believing that he actually installed it but the heat blocking is absolutely amazing. It is ceramic film by a company called Hyper optik and I posted a link in my introduction thread. Again sorry to interject myself into your conversation but just thought I would pass along some good info. I live in Florida and the heat is miserable. The whole windshield tinted with the strip and two front windows cost me about $190 which was very well spent in my opinion for the heat reduction alone.
I appreciate the info! I may have to look into that. Only thing is, one of the main reasons I tint my windows, other than the Texas heat, is because I work goofball hours and will catch a nap in the truck some days during lunch. I normally throw the sunshield in the front and with the windows limo-tinted, it's almost like night inside the truck.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to haul home my latest toy:

D197E785-7A26-43B2-8580-FA6E326716F6_zpsacpd5nhm.jpg

Blue/black:

CF2C86B3-F242-40D5-94C4-6749773A88C3_zpsut103ceq.jpg

My cousin is renovating his house and has no time to play them any more and he made me a deal too good to pass. It's a 6-piece Gretsch with Iron Cobra double bass, Remo heads, Hi-hat and three other cymbals. I sold my set about 4 years ago because I worked 100+ hours a week and needed the space in my house for my Doberman's kennel. Now I have a shop that just may get a dedicated jam room.

mdhawk

Reaction score
Drained my catch can today. Milky gas smelling slime came out. Not very much though. It's been about a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave it a quick run thru with the buffer to get some of the swirls out. I'll wait for nicer weather this spring to give it a full paint correction but I just wanted to get rid of some of the swirls and get some wax on it to protect it.

7284c1c8cf1dd189aa254282db9c1aac.jpg

Priced out tires on NTB. Tires for the 22's are cheaper than the 33's I had on my Silvy with 20" wheels. That's a nice surprise. I'll probably stick with the Bridgestone Alenza's. I loved the Yoko Parada Spec X's I had on my TBSS but they don't last for shit.

Ordered 20% film to tint the rear 3 windows. Not that I need it but I want something protecting the rear defroster and antennae lines in the back in case my dog decides to scratch the windows.

Took off the stupid finger pad on the rear glass. I have no idea why GM put that thing on there? Looks waaayyyy better without it.

d2c2158a9b24cc2406e0b65b1cc8b91a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz