What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a vibration issue.

Over about 80mph the truck has a little vibration to it, noticeable in the steering wheel. It's not terrible, but doesn't inspire confidence in driving those speeds.

Wheels have been re-balanced. Tires rotated. Alignment performed (twice). Entire front suspension is new.

Any other ideas? Steering column bushings?

Does it sit for long periods at a time, like for a few days? The tires could have flat spots in them. Or they're just faulty. Balancing only does so much- you can balance a square, but that doesn't mean it'll roll smoothly. You might could try having them road force balanced. I'd start by pulling them off and really cleaning the contacting surfaces. It could be a slight bit of runout from crud between the wheel mounting surface and rotor.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well dyno day.........went well

412whp and 415ftlbs on E85 (only picked up 2hp/5ftlbs on E85)

Super happy with it now its dialed in. Now the 6.0 build begins......its going to become a iron block LSA. Bored to 6.2 and run LSA pistons, rods and rings; and keep the stock 6.0 crank since its good up too 1000 hp.

Going to finish my LSA blower, sell it, then have the motor and heads done. I'll drop that in and then either go with a Procharger or Whipple.
I just finished my lsa install. The car boogies now and she whiny!!! Hoping to be high 10s low 11s.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I did my first major mod. You see, my Burt's Bees lip balm keeps flying out of the useless cubby in the dash and fortunately gets captured by the grooves in my Husky Liner floor mat instead of rolling under the seat. I took the Bee by the antennas and created a dam(n) so Burt will no longer escape.

View attachment 274342

View attachment 274343
You need to start a build thread.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it sit for long periods at a time, like for a few days? The tires could have flat spots in them. Or they're just faulty. Balancing only does so much- you can balance a square, but that doesn't mean it'll roll smoothly. You might could try having them road force balanced. I'd start by pulling them off and really cleaning the contacting surfaces. It could be a slight bit of runout from crud between the wheel mounting surface and rotor.

I should've mentioned, I did have them RoadForce balanced just this week. Though I was a little disappointed that they just added weights to what was there (they did not remove everything and start over).

The rotors are old and very rusty. I could see the "scale build-up" being the problem.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I should've mentioned, I did have them RoadForce balanced just this week. Though I was a little disappointed that they just added weights to what was there (they did not remove everything and start over).

The rotors are old and very rusty. I could see the "scale build-up" being the problem.

The Road Force balancers are awesome, but as you probably know, most shops are too lazy to correctly use it. A proper job would be to dismount the tire and start with measuring just the wheel alone for runout and imbalances. Sadly in my experience most shops take shortcuts.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have been a victim of the g80 grenade. My 00 Silverado had it. I was young. Donuts galore. Dry pavement donuts. Also towed heavy stuff in some mud. After that, explosion. I forget the total but it was around that range your listing. That was with me working at a Chevy dealer at the time too. So employee pricing still was that much but with new g80 and bearings. Ring and pinion was miraculously fine. It was so bad that when in park, it would still roll.
I didn’t have time to do it myself or I would of gotten a junkyard axle and upgraded it from the g80.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts