What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I tried cleaning ( with the good stuff)... a Honda Civic ...stock headlights had a factory film. Couldn't polish the plastic.
That happened to me a few times. I had to go down on the grit of my sandpaper to get through it--took awhile but I'd get through it. I used a palm sander with a 3 inch pad, after that I'd buff the lens with a wool pad and some 3m plastic polish, then seal it with the uv protector.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your purge valve kit come with instructions and hoses to relocate the purge valve to up by the filler neck from down by the frame?
The kit I purchased when I changed out the purge valve on my sister's 2008 Silverado did.
Purge valve was stuck closed and it would take fuel at a trickle.
Yeah it was the new conversion kit from from GM came with new lines and everything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How old are they?
I think about 4 years, I am kind of rough on things so not entirely surprised, I am sure the oem arms would still be fine I still have them in the backyard but I like these spohn so opted to just buy the bushings and unless I have to take something else off to access the bottom bolts then it should only take a few minutes to swap the bushings out

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced two of the three power steering hoses: high & low pressure that connect to the rack. The third hose was supposed to arrive today, but Scamazon lied to me about Prime delivery.

Either way I needed to replace whatever I could, as I was losing fluid at the cyclic rate. Fingers crossed I don't drip it all out at the school pick-up lane tomorrow.

I need to buy a new pump and reservoir by the look of the scaling rust/rot on the cast iron pump body, and the superbly bad condition of the rest of it, which will work cause I need a new pump for my 6.0 that'll swap in later.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JeOwAfq.jpgYay.

Machinist said the main and rod bearings were so good he would have felt bad selling me new ones. Middle cam bearings was trashed, so it was good I did more than just a head job.

The heads needed a valve job badly, and he had to spend extra time cleaning the intake ports, so he committed bead blasting the valve covers to stay under his initial quote.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 428656Yay.

Machinist said the main and rod bearings were so good he would have felt bad selling me new ones. Middle cam bearings was trashed, so it was good I did more than just a head job.

The heads needed a valve job badly, and he had to spend extra time cleaning the intake ports, so he committed bead blasting the valve covers to stay under his initial quote.
Wow... A Yukon ... - .. 'rear engine'....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84