What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well PC offers a nice program to upgrade the head unit and Whipple offers a 2.9L.

Plus the PC weighs less, less wiring and no additional coolant/cooling system.
You should get a kong/harrop 2650 lsa base then use stock zl1 lid. Put the lsa cover in it and it looks stock if you don’t know what to look for.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
The Road Force balancers are awesome, but as you probably know, most shops are too lazy to correctly use it. A proper job would be to dismount the tire and start with measuring just the wheel alone for runout and imbalances. Sadly in my experience most shops take shortcuts.

I tried to get discount tire to use the stupid colored dots on the side of the tires to properly balance my tires on the vette.
Went to them since they have the hunter roadforce units.
thin spoke wheels with gigantic brakes, I didn't want a stack of weights.

I even gave them instructions on what the dots mean, and how to use em.

Did the follow the instructions?
Nope!

Tried a dealership before that set of tires, and the counter guy talked to me like I was a pos.
I told his boss to get him some coffee on my way to the service bay.

Later I received the Most reluctant apology ever from the guy.
gritting teeth and all.
:jester:

I will note that the GM tech did a pretty good job, except for the last tire.
But i think he got some help.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so what your saying is "order a forged crank" for my 6.0 build?
If you want to go for it. I’m definitely saying you don’t have to spin the balls out of the 2650 put the largest pulley on and turn it less for less heat. I’ve already seen how hot the lsa can get last night in 60 degree weather.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LSA engine
The 6.2-liter V8 Supercharged LSA is an engine that was produced by General Motors for use in high-performance vehicles. The LSA is part of GM's fourth-generation V8 Small Block engine family, though unlike its LS9 counterpart, it is not assembled by hand, and was instead made at GM's Silao facilities in Mexico.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
My block from summit still shows a shipping status of "Ready to go"
Pending pickup from the carrier.
Estimated delivery date of today.
gg summit. :oops:

Edit, nm figured out how to track it on the carriers site.

Shows it arrived in town on the 24th, but not scheduled for delivery until next week.
Lame!!

And it's listed @ 311 lbs if anyone was wondering the weight of a bare block Iron LS engine

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bud2952