What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Run the power line for the camera into the power of the reverse light, and ground the black wire from the camera to the body like I did
View attachment 79255

Then you have to get the Head unit to "see" when you switch into reverse, I tapped into the wire running up the a pillar to the reverse mirror that shuts off the auto dim function when reverse is engaged. There is another wire you can tap into at the BCM, but I couldn't find it well enough.
What about that red wire that comes off the yellow rca plug? I figure plug that into the back of the deck instead of running a separate wire to the a pillar. Has to be interconnected in the harness to the other wires that connect to the reverse light. What else is it for ?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the CHMSL down, popped out the rubber grommet and pulled as much of the wire out as I could. No water intrusion, no chafing on any part of the wire and the OEM foam wrap is still in place. The plug is in great condition as well and no indication of any grounding. I metered the plug and it is pulling 12V. Working methodically just to make sure I didn't skip a simple step, I popped in a new 10A fuse which stayed intact without the CHMSL plugged in. I plugged in the CHMSL and the 10A fuse blew immediately. Just to confirm, I repeated all the above steps and blew another 10A fuse.

Amazon Primed a new CHMSL, which will be here Saturday. Hopefully it is just the light, but based on the input you guys have given me, that sounds like the culprit. Sucks that the CHMSL is only 13 months old. But if it's just the light and not chasing an unknown ground, then it is worth the $40 to get a new light. Will update once the new CHMSL is installed.

Anybody have any thoughts on my earlier drivers side mirror issues?

1. Drivers side power mirror functions are intermittent, as in sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and are slow when they do work. The passenger side responds, but seems sluggish. Wondering if the switch on the door panel might be going bad or a loose connection behind the sail panel? Thoughts? Thx guys.

Also gave her a wash after yesterday's rain and picked up some Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax at the new O'Reillys down the road.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the CHMSL down, popped out the rubber grommet and pulled as much of the wire out as I could. No water intrusion, no chafing on any part of the wire and the OEM foam wrap is still in place. The plug is in great condition as well and no indication of any grounding. I metered the plug and it is pulling 12V. Working methodically just to make sure I didn't skip a simple step, I popped in a new 10A fuse which stayed intact without the CHMSL plugged in. I plugged in the CHMSL and the 10A fuse blew immediately. Just to confirm, I repeated all the above steps and blew another 10A fuse.

Amazon Primed a new CHMSL, which will be here Saturday. Hopefully it is just the light, but based on the input you guys have given me, that sounds like the culprit. Sucks that the CHMSL is only 13 months old. But if it's just the light and not chasing an unknown ground, then it is worth the $40 to get a new light. Will update once the new CHMSL is installed.

1. Drivers side power mirror functions are intermittent, as in sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and are slow when they do work. The passenger side responds, but seems sluggish. Wondering if the switch on the door panel might be going bad or a loose connection behind the sail panel? Thoughts? Thx guys.

Also gave her a wash after yesterday's rain and picked up some Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax at the new O'Reillys down the road.
My vote is the switch but that one is hard to diagnose without having another switch to try. If it's not the switch then further diagnosis is needed.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is the switch but that one is hard to diagnose without having another switch to try. If it's not the switch then further diagnosis is needed.

Thx man. That was my thought as well....Hmmm okay might have to see about a new switch and try that route to see if that gets me the way fix.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

Maybe a bad contact connection in the switch. Again bust out your tester and test the leads at the mirror end while someone else pushes switches. Then go from there.
Might also be the gears inside. Have the key in the accessory mode and have someone push buttons form the drivers side. Listen closely if you can hear it , even when the actual mirror isn't moving.

Maybe look for a used but real oem chmsl from a wrecked tahoe/yukon and see if it pops fuses

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thoughts on the motors. It crossed my mind, but usually think of NNBS mirror gears.

All good points. Thx guys. Will see what I can come up with.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my truck in today to have my 26's balanced at my local tire shop where I bought them. I've always had a good relationship with them even though sometimes they do some stupid shit and today was no exception. These guys know me by name, they know my truck and they know my wheels. They're the only 26's they've worked on. They love them but they hate them. So I didn't even look at them until I got home and I see the weights plainly visible even though it looked like they tried to hide them behind the spokes. Then I noticed one was hanging so I pulled it the rest of the way off. We've been through this before. I drove back and reminded them that isn't the way we do the weights on my truck. They go on the inside, at the tire bead, like everybody elses does. Dude says " but they're silver, you'll see them" and I tell him you can't see the inside of my wheel but you CAN see the ones they put on, definitely can see THEM. It took them 2 1/2 hours to do it wrong, now I need to take it back again. I stayed calm even though I wanted to scream at them for wasting my time. I mean, they didn't charge me a thing but my time does mean something to me.

IMG_6225.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879