What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I took my truck in today to have my 26's balanced at my local tire shop where I bought them. I've always had a good relationship with them even though sometimes they do some stupid shit and today was no exception. These guys know me by name, they know my truck and they know my wheels. They're the only 26's they've worked on. They love them but they hate them. So I didn't even look at them until I got home and I see the weights plainly visible even though it looked like they tried to hide them behind the spokes. Then I noticed one was hanging so I pulled it the rest of the way off. We've been through this before. I drove back and reminded them that isn't the way we do the weights on my truck. They go on the inside, at the tire bead, like everybody elses does. Dude says " but they're silver, you'll see them" and I tell him you can't see the inside of my wheel but you CAN see the ones they put on, definitely can see THEM. It took them 2 1/2 hours to do it wrong, now I need to take it back again. I stayed calm even though I wanted to scream at them for wasting my time. I mean, they didn't charge me a thing but my time does mean something to me.

View attachment 79282

View attachment 79283

View attachment 79284
First world rich people problems :laughing1:

But seriously I guess you have to babysit them and walk them through the process everytime, it is what it is. When I worked at discount we would paint the weights to hide them and strategically place them out if view on custom rims. Not so much on a basic Toyota rav 4 wheel lol.

Then before mounting on the vehicle we (ok only I ever did this) would get the customer and see if they like it, especially since they dropped $$$ at our store.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't wait around since they said it would take over 2 hours to balance my wheels. Oh well.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you. :)

I just went outside to look at my NBS. Just finished washing the NNBS btw.

I guess it didn't bother me as much as you, but even though my weights are grey and blend in well with my wheels, they are not all perfectly hidden behind the spokes.

And only one guy is allowed to touch my wheels as well. May address this at the next wheel balancing.

IMG_3204.JPG

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Safelite Repaaaaair, safelite Replace" New windshield today.

medium800.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I took my truck in today to have my 26's balanced at my local tire shop where I bought them. I've always had a good relationship with them even though sometimes they do some stupid shit and today was no exception. These guys know me by name, they know my truck and they know my wheels. They're the only 26's they've worked on. They love them but they hate them. So I didn't even look at them until I got home and I see the weights plainly visible even though it looked like they tried to hide them behind the spokes. Then I noticed one was hanging so I pulled it the rest of the way off. We've been through this before. I drove back and reminded them that isn't the way we do the weights on my truck. They go on the inside, at the tire bead, like everybody elses does. Dude says " but they're silver, you'll see them" and I tell him you can't see the inside of my wheel but you CAN see the ones they put on, definitely can see THEM. It took them 2 1/2 hours to do it wrong, now I need to take it back again. I stayed calm even though I wanted to scream at them for wasting my time. I mean, they didn't charge me a thing but my time does mean something to me.

View attachment 79282

View attachment 79283

View attachment 79284
You bought your dubs from a local tire shop? Thats nuts, we dont have shit around here like that, ur doin good if u even have name brand tires here lol.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You bought your dubs from a local tire shop? Thats nuts, we dont have shit around here like that, ur doin good if u even have name brand tires here lol.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah well they don't advertise that they sell them. I went in , told them what I wanted, and asked if they would meet my best online price and they beat it by several hundred and their price was mounted and balanced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n