What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm 100% on board with that. I was just confused by your useage of the word copper I guess. CCA= copper clad aluminum and OFC is oxygen free copper so there is copper in both...carry on good sir.

It's an industry term I use on a daily basis, sorry for the confusion brother

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to these jounce stops, because we haven't talked about them enough, but is there any reason to buy anything other than the z71s (or is it this one)for a stock ride height? Mine haven't touched since I owned the vehicle, and don't look over-worn.

the old post about the stops, someone had linked to Timbren Ind for aftermarket ones, but I can't seem to find one for our trucks on their website now. Unless there is a universal that just didn't show up in the search.

**EDIT** nm, now its working.

I think the z71's are a touch stiffer then the other ones that look like a beehive.

I know your not lowered but...

I ran these when I was lowered ~1.5" with a crank and they were perfect:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EP2OD4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

worn stockers vs those.
rSW3lVL.jpg
YtCZJHx.jpg

FYI FOR those of you reading along I had to cut off the bolt on the bottom of these, but then they fit right in just like stockers.

Last edited:

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I think the z71's are a touch stiffer then the other ones that look like a beehive.

I know your not lowered but...

I ran these when I was lowered ~1.5" with a crank and they were perfect:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EP2OD4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

worn stockers vs those.
rSW3lVL.jpg
YtCZJHx.jpg

Yeah, I'm stock height, with plans to go up about 1-2" but the lift is a few years from now. I suppose the best way would be to get under there and measure the difference and buy one that is that size, correct?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm stock height, with plans to go up about 1-2" but the lift is a few years from now. I suppose the best way would be to get under there and measure the difference and buy one that is that size, correct?

For stock height id just replace with oem ones. z71 or beehive style depends on whether you want a slightly stiffer ride or not.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and looked at an HD Hood today. Had to many dents. Oh well on to the next.
4b8f27cb6a77cdab50cd96ec31083b71.jpg

Sent from the *******, mid-push.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667