What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing a circuit breaker is silly IMHO...the ANL fuse in the link is the correct way of doing this mod:thumbsup:

Also if you're NOT using copper cable, I recommend applying penetrox on both ends before installing them into the fuse

no reason to not use 100% OFC...

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no reason to not use 100% OFC...

Now a days aluminum is a lot less expensive compared to ofc... I would still apply penetrox on both ends regardless, the ANL fuse is located in the engine compartment which will be exposed to rain, snow etc. which will show signs of oxidation over time

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now a days aluminum is a lot less expensive compared to ofc... I would still apply penetrox on both ends regardless, the ANL fuse is located in the engine compartment which will be exposed to rain, snow etc. which will show signs of oxidation over time

OFC Advantages

• Increased Conductivity to Carry More Current to Your Amplifier
  • Reduced the Strain on Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
  • Increased Corrosion Resistance
  • Decreased Maintenance Costs
  • Improved Heat Absorption
I'd much rather run 1/0 100% OFC then CCA 3/0. Cost is the same or less... performance would be about equivalent. "Welding wire" is cheap. I spent ~$25 on my 1/0 100% OFC big 3/4 on my nali.

Sure you could get Uber wire from some supercool car audio company with pretty colors and spend way more I guess.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OFC Advantages

• Increased Conductivity to Carry More Current to Your Amplifier
  • Reduced the Strain on Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
  • Increased Corrosion Resistance
  • Decreased Maintenance Costs
  • Improved Heat Absorption
I'd much rather run 1/0 100% OFC then CCA 3/0. Cost is the same or less... performance would be about equivalent. "Welding wire" is cheap. I spent ~$25 on my 1/0 100% OFC big 3/4 on my nali.

Sure you could get Uber wire from some supercool car audio company with pretty colors and spend way more I guess.

You're 100% correct brother, the point I'm trying to make is, anyone here thinking about doing this mod and is NOT running ofc should indeed reconsider...copper wiring oxidizes rather quickly when exposed to outdoor conditions, that's why I recommended using penetrox

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're 100% correct brother, the point I'm trying to make is, anyone here thinking about doing this mod and is NOT running ofc should indeed reconsider...copper wiring oxidizes rather quickly when exposed to outdoor conditions, that's why I recommended using penetrox

You mean CCA?

I used marine grade dual wall shrink, and covered anything exposed with paint to protect against corrosion. Penetrox looks like a good option for CCA, but I'd highly suggest using 100% OFC instead.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
oh boy you are gonna love the ride improvement
sway bar links might be toast too? Might as well do the bushings as well. Sometimes those dont look super warn but they are ovaled out on the inside.

Back to these jounce stops, because we haven't talked about them enough, but is there any reason to buy anything other than the z71s (or is it this one)for a stock ride height? Mine haven't touched since I owned the vehicle, and don't look over-worn.

the old post about the stops, someone had linked to Timbren Ind for aftermarket ones, but I can't seem to find one for our trucks on their website now. Unless there is a universal that just didn't show up in the search.

**EDIT** nm, now its working.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean CCA?

I used marine grade dual wall shrink, and covered anything exposed with paint to protect against corrosion. Penetrox looks like a good option for CCA, but I'd highly suggest using 100% OFC instead.

I was actually referring to ccwa...ofc 1/0 copper is what should be applied to the big 3 mod. Anytime you go from copper to aluminum you risk oxidation is all I'm saying hence why I suggested the penetrox

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually referring to ccwa...ofc 1/0 copper is what should be applied to the big 3 mod. Anytime you go from copper to aluminum you risk oxidation is all I'm saying hence why I suggested the penetrox

Yeah I'm 100% on board with that. I was just confused by your useage of the word copper I guess. CCA= copper clad aluminum and OFC is oxygen free copper so there is copper in both...carry on good sir.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to these jounce stops, because we haven't talked about them enough, but is there any reason to buy anything other than the z71s (or is it this one)for a stock ride height? Mine haven't touched since I owned the vehicle, and don't look over-worn.

the old post about the stops, someone had linked to Timbren Ind for aftermarket ones, but I can't seem to find one for our trucks on their website now. Unless there is a universal that just didn't show up in the search.

**EDIT** nm, now its working.

I'm not really too familiar with jounce stops and what their actual purpose is...are they for lowered, stock or lifted trucks? or all of the above?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo