What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you tuck the antenna along the fender under the Hood? Now you gotta fill that hole or grab an escalade cowl piece.

I had zero reception on the stock radio, the previous owner(butcher) created an electrical nightmare i'm still sorting out...i actually had a spare antenna laying around which i had to solder onto the existing antenna wire which was cut and spliced 3 times!

I wound up mounting it under the front cowl and using the entire truck frame as an antenna...so far so good

The cowl piece is the least of my concerns right now, i'll eventually fix that lol...i need to re wire the engine cooling fans onto a rocker switch asap. The butcher hardwired the fans using a piece of 14awg wire into the fuse box under the fuel pump fuse! the fans are constantly running and the wire keeps arching:eek:

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had zero reception on the stock radio, the previous owner(butcher) created an electrical nightmare i'm still sorting out...i actually had a spare antenna laying around which i had to solder onto the existing antenna wire which was cut and spliced 3 times!

I wound up mounting it under the front cowl and using the entire truck frame as an antenna...so far so good

The cowl piece is the least of my concerns right now, i'll eventually fix that lol...i need to re wire the engine cooling fans onto a rocker switch asap. The butcher hardwired the fans using a piece of 14awg wire into the fuse box under the fuel pump fuse! the fans are constantly running and the wire keeps arching:eek:
Got damn I hate when someone butchers wiring you can correct that though bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84