What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
My wife's Altima is the same way. Call me old school, but I honestly hate it. It has a remote that can be used to lock/unlock the car, pop the truck, and to remote start it as well. It also has the proximity sensors to unlock the doors and open the truck without pressing the remote. The remote DOES have to be within a few feet of the car though, and then you can press the button on the underside lip of of the trunk lid to pop it open, or press the button on the driver's door handle to unlock the door. Press it again and it unlocks all the doors. Then get it and press the brake pedal and push the start button to start the engine. Main reason I hate all of this is because when we go to park, we ALWAYS have to search for the keys. Are they in my pocket, the cupholder, my wife's purse, or her pocket? In my truck, I KNOW they are in the IGN switch and nowhere else.
I sorta like being able to unlock the door and disarm the alarm by pressing the button on the door handles, but I absolutely hate the push button start. I'd rather a keyed ign switch any day.
Why would you have to search for the keys when you park? You get out, push the button on the door. Locked. Keys just stay in my pocket.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably would have chosen to drive the DEUCE 1/2 with the weather being so crazy up there. Do you have it street legal??

It's supposed to be "wintery weather" down here in Dallas this week and trust me, the way these idiots drive, you realistically need a steel body -on- steel frame military truck with 6-wheel drive if you want to get from point-A to point-B. I swear, this (1) 15-mile stretch of highway between my home & office may see 1/2 dozen accidents per day in clear, sunny weather, Nevermind the rain or snow. It's shocking & appalling the reckless disregard for human life & the general public/motorists. i wish the law enforcement would find a way to capture these people & put them in prison. It's so bad that I have my wife call me everyday when she gets to work in the AM and before she heads for home in the evening, traffic updates if applicable. I was stopped in traffic 1-day when the motorist right beside me was rear-ended so hard it looked like the car came up off of the ground. It happened so fast but my eyes still tell me that all 4 tires left the ground. It wasn't just the suspension that allowed the travel.

Yes, it is street legal. I have 3 year Antique plates, no DOT or weight restrictions, and insurance is $142 a year. :happy160:

I heard about that "Texas-Ice"... Be Careful, stay safe!!!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a bung installed for my wideband sensor, the pillar pod came today, it came black so i painted it to match my interior color, hope its close... sat looks to be the warm day of the week, so likely install it all then.

001.jpg

003.jpg

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you have to search for the keys when you park? You get out, push the button on the door. Locked. Keys just stay in my pocket.
The problem is that I end up searching for the keys every time my wife is with me. If it's just me, they usually just stay in my pocket. But if my wife is with me, she might put the keys in her pocket, her jacket, her purse, the cupholder, the compartment under the radio, or who knows where? And she is VERY forgetful (she can't help it really, she is slowly losing her memory due to Huntington's Disease) and she forgets very often where she put the keys. And quite often they end up in her purse, and she will dig through her purse two or three times and overlook them each time.
The reason I need to find them when we get out of the car, is to make sure that they don't accidentally get locked in the car. I know that it will not "usually" let you lock the door unless the car cannot sense the keys being inside the car, but it's happened before. Luckily we were home so all we had to do was go in the house and grab the spare key to unlock the car. Thankfully it has not happened since.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Don’t know if this is the right thread for this, but tomorrow I’m gonna look at this suburban to see if the guy wants to trade for my 96. It’s a little rough, but it’ll be a toy, and I’ve always been a big fan of the old squarebody burbs.
9C4A05E1-B12C-4198-92DA-BCFF59B91D0E.jpeg 25A22806-ECF6-44C1-A784-20D5868BED7E.jpeg FF607AE4-67B8-481F-BD8D-117426EE0969.jpeg F5A49382-6F6C-46CD-8FA2-02422560AECD.jpeg F82BAF1D-0571-41F7-9B7E-022CADCA80A1.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19