What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add a pic of the new a-pillar custom switches. The girlfriend is super proud of the maturity level that went into the selection process to put it mildly btw...
And for anyone that doesn't follow college sports, the "Hook 'Em" switch is for The University of Texas at Austin's hand signal for Hook 'Em Horns. I ran out of ideas basically and the lights are kinda orange...

20180205_180242.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I forgot to add a pic of the new a-pillar custom switches. The girlfriend is super proud of the maturity level that went into the selection process to put it mildly btw...
And for anyone that doesn't follow college sports, the "Hook 'Em" switch is for The University of Texas at Austin's hand signal for Hook 'Em Horns. I ran out of ideas basically and the lights are kinda orange...

20180205_180242.jpg
I like it.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's Altima is the same way. Call me old school, but I honestly hate it. It has a remote that can be used to lock/unlock the car, pop the truck, and to remote start it as well. It also has the proximity sensors to unlock the doors and open the truck without pressing the remote. The remote DOES have to be within a few feet of the car though, and then you can press the button on the underside lip of of the trunk lid to pop it open, or press the button on the driver's door handle to unlock the door. Press it again and it unlocks all the doors. Then get it and press the brake pedal and push the start button to start the engine. Main reason I hate all of this is because when we go to park, we ALWAYS have to search for the keys. Are they in my pocket, the cupholder, my wife's purse, or her pocket? In my truck, I KNOW they are in the IGN switch and nowhere else.
I sorta like being able to unlock the door and disarm the alarm by pressing the button on the door handles, but I absolutely hate the push button start. I'd rather a keyed ign switch any day.

IMO.

I'm just old fashioned and like turning the key. Also the batteries die often on my mom's remote, about 2-3 times as often as mine and I use mine more.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My wife's Altima is the same way. Call me old school, but I honestly hate it. It has a remote that can be used to lock/unlock the car, pop the truck, and to remote start it as well. It also has the proximity sensors to unlock the doors and open the truck without pressing the remote. The remote DOES have to be within a few feet of the car though, and then you can press the button on the underside lip of of the trunk lid to pop it open, or press the button on the driver's door handle to unlock the door. Press it again and it unlocks all the doors. Then get it and press the brake pedal and push the start button to start the engine. Main reason I hate all of this is because when we go to park, we ALWAYS have to search for the keys. Are they in my pocket, the cupholder, my wife's purse, or her pocket? In my truck, I KNOW they are in the IGN switch and nowhere else.
I sorta like being able to unlock the door and disarm the alarm by pressing the button on the door handles, but I absolutely hate the push button start. I'd rather a keyed ign switch any day.
Times a changin. I'm waiting on cars to have an app on your phone so there's never any keys needed again. I love the wife's car, same exact set up as you explained for the Altima. I've learned and adapted to it's ways. Batteries are replaced about every 3 years, but it tells you when it needs to be replaced. $3 for a battery ever 3 years is fine with me

MannyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Times a changin. I'm waiting on cars to have an app on your phone so there's never any keys needed again. I love the wife's car, same exact set up as you explained for the Altima. I've learned and adapted to it's ways. Batteries are replaced about every 3 years, but it tells you when it needs to be replaced. $3 for a battery ever 3 years is fine with me

Cars that can be started from your phone already exist. My wife's Mazda CX5 had the option available. Brothers GL63 has phone start too.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

20180205_180242.jpg
Love it!

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score

20180205_180242.jpg

Where'd you get that part that bolts into the a-pillar? I need a good place to put my switches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076