What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I initially bought the same RFID push button in the first video but you see how he has to place that RFID key tag next to the sensor before it activates the push button power, the power on mine is triggered by my alarm activation/deactivation(no fumbling with fobs/keys). Those vids don't cover the "extra" steps needed to make it all work with the factory keyless and/or how to bypass the passkey/passlock system.

I'll do a write up and post it in the Electronics section. No, I have a Viper alarm/remote start I installed a year ago and this integrates perfectly. I can remote start my truck from my phone and when I get to the truck it unlocks, I push the push start button I just installed twice so the vehicle power takes over and I go!
Write up would be awesome please :thumbsup:

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Blackie

Reaction score
I've been eyeballing this standalone kit:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCBEYW0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4qmEAb6AYAE1C

From what I read, it'll also require this interface:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047XSLLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_msmEAbW8045ES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look in the description of the unit it says:

"An extra bypass module (like ASIN: B00MEHBVIC) is required If there is a chip immobilizer in your factory OEM key fob.
You need to unlock/release/remove the steering lock while installing this item."

Our vehicles use the Passlock 2 system which is different than the old Passkey system. Without seeing the installation instructions for the kit you posted, I don't know if it has the ability to interface with that bypass module you also posted. To be honest, you don't need the bypass module if you follow the Passlock bypass link and the shift interlock disable instructions I posted. The passlock bypass link does the same thing the module you posted does. If you can get the install instructions for the kit you posted, I can see if it can interface with an aftermarket bypass kit (like the one you posted). You would still have to do the shift interlock bypass though (since you won't be using the key in the cylinder.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw someone do the Raptor style grill lights on here and decided to buy some and see how they looked. Not 100% sold on the look, but maybe they'll grow on me.

20180205_180935.jpg

Not gonna lie... if I didn’t actually use my tow hooks I’d delete them and throw in some leds. Nice touch brother

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I wanted to do this if I were to keep my truck longer. My wife's 2015 Chrysler is 100% keyless. Doesn't even have a keyhole in the dash. I love it. Never take the fob out if your pocket.

My wife's Altima is the same way. Call me old school, but I honestly hate it. It has a remote that can be used to lock/unlock the car, pop the truck, and to remote start it as well. It also has the proximity sensors to unlock the doors and open the truck without pressing the remote. The remote DOES have to be within a few feet of the car though, and then you can press the button on the underside lip of of the trunk lid to pop it open, or press the button on the driver's door handle to unlock the door. Press it again and it unlocks all the doors. Then get it and press the brake pedal and push the start button to start the engine. Main reason I hate all of this is because when we go to park, we ALWAYS have to search for the keys. Are they in my pocket, the cupholder, my wife's purse, or her pocket? In my truck, I KNOW they are in the IGN switch and nowhere else.
I sorta like being able to unlock the door and disarm the alarm by pressing the button on the door handles, but I absolutely hate the push button start. I'd rather a keyed ign switch any day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212