What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the viton seals. I brought each cylinder up to TDC and used the spark plug end of my compression tester hooked up to my air compressor.
Same way I did it but you don't need to go to TDC. Were you worried about bumping the valve down and losing enough air that it drops too far to get ahold of it? I guess that could happen. Those are good seals, I installed them when I did my dual springs.

JollyRoger01

Christ Reigns
Reaction score
Same way I did it but you don't need to go to TDC. Were you worried about bumping the valve down and losing enough air that it drops too far to get ahold of it? I guess that could happen. Those are good seals, I installed them when I did my dual springs.
I have a smaller compressor I use around the house, neighbors complaine when I use my 50 gal. I just did more for "just in case".

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started the rear wiper delete on the Escalade, going need to get some black silicone and pop the plugs back in and wash and wax the hatch and see how it looks

9cb3d1311e8ed3f7bab02280bf0e1bef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a smaller compressor I use around the house, neighbors complaine when I use my 50 gal. I just did more for "just in case".
Yeah I had one start leaking when I started to put the spring compressor on off center a bit and it pushed down on the valve stem and I could hear the cylinder start leaking air. I pulled the spring compressor off fast and pulled up on the valve stem and it sealed back up. I actually don't think it would have fallen due to the compressor kicking on but it did make me nervous for a second.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started the rear wiper delete on the Escalade, going need to get some black silicone and pop the plugs back in and wash and wax the hatch and see how it looks

9cb3d1311e8ed3f7bab02280bf0e1bef.jpg

It does cost a few hundred to weld those holes up and repaint the hatch but I think it's worth it. Nice to have that wiper gone though, huh?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does cost a few hundred to weld those holes up and repaint the hatch but I think it's worth it. Nice to have that wiper gone though, huh?

I'm thinking of going that route it's worth it imo, the hatch is aluminum tho so it's a little harder to weld? And looks so much better

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going that route it's worth it imo, the hatch is aluminum tho so it's a little harder to weld? And looks so much better

Yep nobody around me has the balls to weld my gate, or else I would've had it done already :(

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep nobody around me has the balls to weld my gate, or else I would've had it done already :(
Yes it's aluminum. I found a guy that only charged me $100 to weld it. You have to be careful and just tack some plates in behind the holes or the panel will have huge dents when it expands from the heat.

IMG_5628.JPG IMG_5629.JPG IMG_5683.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts