What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
There were very few steel hatches due to weight -remember how they open. They're unicorns. Easy enough to figure out with a magnet though.
Yea I know they changed to aluminum for weight. Was sad when a magnet didn't stick to mine. But I thought it was early years.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it an Autowoods? That's what I got, they're nice.

yup. Autowoods. i wanted the Pistol Grip one that B&I Trim makes but they want $250 just for a deposit on top of the $250 they charge for the wheel until you send your old wheel back then they refund you $250.

anyways, i am very happy with it. Love the ridged knuckle grips on the backside :)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
yup. Autowoods. i wanted the Pistol Grip one that B&I Trim makes but they want $250 just for a deposit on top of the $250 they charge for the wheel until you send your old wheel back then they refund you $250.

anyways, i am very happy with it. Love the ridged knuckle grips on the backside :)
What does the pistol grip one look like?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barn doors ftw, for the weight lol!! And no rear wiper factory. 07d429b18e72aeec9319beaebe885cde.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Yeah, barn doors have pros and cons. I used to always drive my brother's OBS with barn doors, so I'm used to both barn doors AND the rear hatch on my Burban.
Pros: no rear wiper
No rear lift supports to go bad
Cons: limited rear view because the split windows
NOBODY makes aftermarket tails that fit with barn doors
You can't open just the rear glass (which actually comes in handy sometimes)
Although the VERY rare OBS SUVs that didn't have barn doors had a tailgate that folded down just like a pickup truck, and the rear window rolled down into the tailgate. I have actually only seen 5-6 OBS SUVs that had that option, and one was a Suburban, one was a 4door Tahoe, and the rest of them were two door models.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Barn doors ftw, for the weight lol!! And no rear wiper factory. 07d429b18e72aeec9319beaebe885cde.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
I rather have barns for functionality, but I'm form over function and prefer the smooth look of the hatch.:p
Wish we had like the square body rear tailgates with roll down rear glass. That would be legit.a6f09a38170ab4f49dd8c90d7636472b--truck-mods-offroad.jpg

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, barn doors have pros and cons. I used to always drive my brother's OBS with barn doors, so I'm used to both barn doors AND the rear hatch on my Burban.
Pros: no rear wiper
No rear lift supports to go bad
Cons: limited rear view because the split windows
NOBODY makes aftermarket tails that fit with barn doors

I love the barn doors just for loading and unloading things...the split windows do obstruct your view somewhat but they also block peoples high beams while driving at night

As far as LED tail lights, you just gotta cut the corner of the tail light out where the hinge is with a dremel

A108-2.jpg A113-1.jpg 179550-027cecd13c68fde31db8581bb7a913e4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz