What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ftrsavage

Reaction score
Tinted the taillights vht nightshade.... 2000 grit wet sand, 3 coats of vht nightshade and will wet sand again and buff and polish tomorrow until smooth and shiny like glass.... I also played around with the front lights with regular tint.... next is to open headlights and bumper lights to paint housing black and color match grille....

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OK, here's how my day has gone:
Up--
got the Hoe back with the rust fixed and the HD Hood looking good. IMAG2224.jpg IMAG2226.jpgIMAG2227.jpg
Down--Had to replace the radiator. The side tank cracked. IMAG2237.jpgUp--
Got it fixed pretty quick. Cost me a little over $200.
Took it for a nice little ride.
Down---IMAG2263.jpgI think the trans is shot. 2nd whines out, doesn't go into 3rd. I'm mentally drained! Of course it happens on a holiday weekend.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up--
got the Hoe back with the rust fixed and the HD Hood looking good. View attachment 82640 View attachment 82641View attachment 82642
Down--Had to replace the radiator. The side tank cracked. View attachment 82643Up--
Down---View attachment 82644I think the trans is shot. 2nd whines out, doesn't go into 3rd. I'm mentally drained! Of course it happens on a holiday weekend.
Feel like a yo-yo Tony?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up--
got the Hoe back with the rust fixed and the HD Hood looking good. View attachment 82640 View attachment 82641View attachment 82642
Down--Had to replace the radiator. The side tank cracked. View attachment 82643Up--
Down---View attachment 82644I think the trans is shot. 2nd whines out, doesn't go into 3rd. I'm mentally drained! Of course it happens on a holiday weekend.
Have a shop check ur shift solenoids. One may have gone out. Had something similar happen. If you have reverse there's still hope. If not it may be a broken sunshell.

Up-
welcome to the HD hood club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinted the taillights vht nightshade.... 2000 grit wet sand, 3 coats of vht nightshade and will wet sand again and buff and polish tomorrow until smooth and shiny like glass.... I also played around with the front lights with regular tint.... next is to open headlights and bumper lights to paint housing black and color match grille....

View attachment 82635

View attachment 82636

View attachment 82637

View attachment 82638
Nice upgrade to tinting the rear lights

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Feel like a yo-yo Tony?
Oh yeah, to put it mildly.
Have a shop check ur shift solenoids. One may have gone out. Had something similar happen. If you have reverse there's still hope. If not it may be a broken sunshell.

Up-
welcome to the HD hood club!

I soooooo hope that's the case. Would/could that burn your trans fluid a little? The level is good, just a little brown. Doesn't smell that burned either.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, to put it mildly.

I soooooo hope that's the case. Would/could that burn your trans fluid a little? The level is good, just a little brown. Doesn't smell that burned either.
Anything is possible and I wonder if you got coolant in your trans fluid when the radiator cracked. It may have started slipping. That's why I run my trans cooler seperate and bypass the radiator..that may be harder to do up North.

Now that I think about it the trans runs thru the passenger side tank and your leak looks like the drivers side tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts